A New Monster Truck Coming to town! (My Aftershock Build)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer 1966

What are we doing today?
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well guys it's been a while since I've done a build but I finally got a big monkey off my back here so it's time for a new build!

For this build I'm starting with a team Losi Aftershock mt roller. Unlike my other builds where I just rebuilt to mostly stock and cheap as possible yet good quality,this one is going to have a few $$ spent on it. It's also going to take a little longer since my hobby budget is always tight.

Here's a list of the main upgrades,we'll see what else comes along as the build progresses.

1. Hard anodized chassis plates,skidplates,shock bodies etc..
  2. Losi 454 engine
  3. Pipe to be determined
  4. Savox high voltage/high torque servos
  5. LST2 axles/cvds/carriers
  6. TiNi coated spur/clutchbell gears
  7. Axial oversized beadlock wheels
  8. Tires to be determined

And of course every good monster truck has to have a name. This isn't going to be a Grave Digger,Bounty Hunter or any other commercialized name you'll recognize. This one is getting it own name. I've got the name and paint scheme concept and I've been working with NCNitro on it. With his help and tweaking,it's going to be a wicked looking truck. I'm going to hold off on disclosing the name until the body is done though! :D

To start,here's some pics of what I'm starting with. I bought this roller a few years ago started a different concept for a build then quit and it's sat on the shelf since. I've tried to sell it,but everyone wanted it for free. Now it's getting built! Enjoy the pics,I'll update as the work actually begins :)

aft1.jpg

aft11.jpg

aft12.jpg

I suggest you add the LST1+ two speed on your list right after the engine. The AS version can't handle the torque. Did fine with the stock engine for a few gallons, made it to tank 6 of break-in with my LRP. ;)

Looks like a good platform to start with can't wait to see the finished product.No short cuts allowed.LOL:D

No short cuts allowed.LOL:D

I can guarantee none will be taken on the body! :D

Racers concept is awesome, as is the name, and the scheme we have been working on is going to be the shiznit! I love the fact it will be an original name and design, and not a rehash of the many other monster trucks out there.

I only have one question Randy, are ya really gonna run this beast when you finish it OR, are you also working with Rolex on a sweet shelf design as well :hehe:

I only have one question Randy, are ya really gonna run this beast when you finish it OR, are you also working with Rolex on a sweet shelf design as well :hehe:

HA HA HA! :hehe: I plan to run it,but for the money I'll have invested it will be painful for me :yes:

Olds,thanks for the tip. I'll add that to the list :thumbup:

New Body!

The new body is here!!!

But it's not painted yet :p: It's now on the way to get some spray. I said this would be a long term project. I expected to have done something more by now but just haven't had time.

new-aft-body.JPG

Sick

can't wait for more progress

Back