A few questions about Traxxas products..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgreaves

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
First off.. What is the difference between the t-maxx and the revo? Traxxas shows them both as 4wd monster trucks.. I have a t-maxx now so I know how it is but is the revo built for another purpose?

2nd, I am looking to get a new rc model.. I like the t-maxx but I want something that will have good control in a parking lot as well as in the grass/dirt.. Would this be the Jato, Revo, or Rustler?

First off.. What is the difference between the t-maxx and the revo? Traxxas shows them both as 4wd monster trucks.. I have a t-maxx now so I know how it is but is the revo built for another purpose?

2nd, I am looking to get a new rc model.. I like the t-maxx but I want something that will have good control in a parking lot as well as in the grass/dirt.. Would this be the Jato, Revo, or Rustler?

IMO the revo would be best for bashing, and onroad running. The t-maxx is an awesome basher, but sits higher than the revo, so wouldnt be too good onroad becuase it flips. So Jato, Revo, Or rustler, deff the Revo. And the difference with the t-maxx and revo is that the revo sits lower and is more for racing, and the tmass sits higher better for backyard bashing.

Rustler and Jato are more like buggy/stadium trucks, both are 2WD, but they are a little less expensive than the Revo and I think both work good on pavement. But I'm with ajames, Revo gets my vote. :D

Awesome.. The Revo it is then..

I might lower my t-maxx down some for the time being until I get the Revo..
I have seen a friend do this with putting fuel line over the shock shaft to prevent it from returning all the way up, thus lowering the truck..

Awesome.. The Revo it is then..

I might lower my t-maxx down some for the time being until I get the Revo..
I have seen a friend do this with putting fuel line over the shock shaft to prevent it from returning all the way up, thus lowering the truck..

I lowered my t-maxx, i put the bigbores on the mounted them s it would be lower and since they are already soft, i can run in the grass at anyspeed and turn and not flip it. Bad thing is, whenever i go off a bump it wants to jump up, or when i purposly go off a jump it bottoms out, but i dont jump much becuase i dont really have the money for new parts becuase i'm saving for a real car. so i sacraficed jumping for highspeed turning and stability.

I lowered my t-maxx, i put the bigbores on the mounted them s it would be lower and since they are already soft, i can run in the grass at anyspeed and turn and not flip it. Bad thing is, whenever i go off a bump it wants to jump up, or when i purposly go off a jump it bottoms out, but i dont jump much becuase i dont really have the money for new parts becuase i'm saving for a real car. so i sacraficed jumping for highspeed turning and stability.

Yep.. I remember he had the same problems when he lowered his truck..

Probably wouldnt be too hard to make an adjustable suspension system where you could make right height adjustments in the field depending on what your doing..

My friends truck was for on road only and was a fraction of an inch off the ground and ran on slicks.. He could keep up with the rs4-3's on the street..

I dont jump mine off of crazy big jumps so maybe ill just lower it a little so I can still do small/medium jumps and have better handling on the street too..

A Revo 3.3 is longer,wider,and has a total different and updated suspension design.Its great for a multi use vehicle.Oh and did I say pretty darn fast too.The Revo will out handle any T-Maxx.

Go with Revo for all around driving conditions, as for your T Maxx's when you lower them stiffen up your suspension so when you do jump it, it will be less likely to bottom out, and it should corner better to because you will have less body role, just my opinion.

Yea revos rule... Go for the new 3.3... By the by you can choose between 4 different suspension setups for the revo. P1, P2, P3, and the long travel rockers. P2 might be the best thing for your pavement and the bashing, if you find yourself wanting better handeling upgrade to the P3. There are also all kind of springs traxxas offers for different feels.

I love my Revo 2.5 over my TMaxx (first gen).

I just run around the yard and can't believe how stable it is compared to the maxx.

I'm thinking I might sell my t-maxx..

What do you think its worth?

It was a .15 tmaxx but now had been upgraded to a 3.3 with the longer arms, brand new 3.3 engine w/ ex-start.. Brand new fuel tank, battery/receiver boxes.. Aftermarket shocks with integy springs(6 different spring sets).. FOC conversion, hitec high-torque steering servo, duramax failsafe.. Basically everything is brand new using current 3.3 parts and awesome suspension setup..

Basically, a revo is a t-maxx with a lot of the problems repaired. Bad tank, bulkhead, hinge pin holder, trans, diffs, axles, brakes, spur/slipper, lack of shock towers... all are better than the maxx.

I don't mean that it's a maxx, all I'm saying is it's traxxas "fix" for the maxx. At least that's what I think.

The only thing about the revo that's an issue (or was for me) was the weakness of the engine bay. The chassis either flexes or you have the engine move on you which eats up spurs. This is more of an issue when you run a BB conversion which adds considerable weight to the engine area.

Drop reverse and the optidrive for a FOC, get RPM arms, RPM steering knuckles and your pretty much good to go. Personally, I'd drop the ez-start as that adds weight to the little engine which may make it more prone to the BB bending/tweaking the engine bay/mount issues I had.