6x6 savage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jsut a quick question, do you notice a big difference in the handeling of the truck?

pmoyer said:
jsut a quick question, do you notice a big difference in the handeling of the truck?

well when steering with just the front wheels the turning circle is alot larger than a normal 4 wheeled sav
when i'm using 4WS (4WS = 4wheelsteering) it turns tighter and the turning circle is under 2m however the 4WS does make it flip/roll easily if used at too higher speed

as for performance it obviously accelerates slower don't know about topend yet need a better clutch the stock s-25 one slips too much

it copes with obstacles better than a 4wd at low speeds as mega maxx will tell you a 4wd would probably equal if not better it at higher speeds due to less weight

others please feel free to post what you think of it

supercharged said:
well when steering with just the front wheels the turning circle is alot larger than a normal 4 wheeled sav
when i'm using 4WS (4WS = 4wheelsteering) it turns tighter and the turning circle is under 2m however the 4WS does make it flip/roll easily if used at too higher speed

as for performance it obviously accelerates slower don't know about topend yet need a better clutch the stock s-25 one slips too much

it copes with obstacles better than a 4wd at low speeds as mega maxx will tell you a 4wd would probably equal if not better it at higher speeds due to less weight

others please feel free to post what you think of it

well it looks like it handles good to me.

at high speed are you gonna use the 4ws as its gonna be a bit sharp and the truck might roll?

have you tried just using the normal steering at high speed, cos it will probably be more stable.

p.s i think the suspension kicks ass!!-xmas-

MEGA MAXX said:
well it looks like it handles good to me.

at high speed are you gonna use the 4ws as its gonna be a bit sharp and the truck might roll?

have you tried just using the normal steering at high speed, cos it will probably be more stable.

p.s i think the suspension kicks ass!!-xmas-

cheers mate
yeah normal steering for highspeed and tarmac

do'h!

vid don't work. :(

would of liked to see it in action as i've just read the whole thread and sounds like you've put a lot of work into it and it looks great!

well done mate. :thumbup:

BTW, i am soon getting a dodge ram shell for my rush evo and i wanted blue flames (light & dark) up the side of it.

i saw the shell you did for your's and i thought: 'bloodyhell, that's amazing'

then i thought: 'hey, i'm gettin a shell soon, i can't do flames, would he do it for me?'

what's your reply?

thanks

Rush evo man

thanks
PM mega maxx and ask him to email you the 6x6 file

i'll let you into a secret about the flames xxx main paint masks then added some forked shapes to them
i think it would be more beneficial for you to practice the technique then you would be able to use flames with other paterns at a later date.

if you can mask well without the paint bleeding this will be easy
use a permanent marker to draw the outline of the xxxmain mask then add some more flame looking shapes so they look like there coming from behind
i use a berol fine nib marker because it can be rubbed off if you make a mistake
next cover the hole area with your chosen masking tape or vinyl whatever your best with then cut out the xxxmain shape with a knife then go round the bits youve added this means you can take off the xxxmain shape without removeing the bits you added

now just spray the body in your chosen colours

thanks mate. :D

also, just looked at the tute to doing flames on the rcnitrotalk website.

it's very good and helpful and basically the same as yours, but with a bit more detail and more words.

thanks for the help though mate. :D

and i will pm megamaxx asking for the vid file in just a sec.

thanks again. :D

R.E.M.

Back