6v hump pack reading 3.3v

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig911

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
just had a bit of an issue

was about to check some things on my truck powered it on and the throttle servo went WOT instead of full break, transmitter was off and not running since i was in my room

powered on transmitter and still nothing

i can't remember if i left my onboard glow plug driver plugged into the charger port i do not think i did even though i was changing just my wiring config so would have seen if i did (yay for crap memory)

i checked my batteries on a multimeter and then my charger as my meter only shows voltage for 1.5/9v for batteries, the charger showed 3.3V

since i run 2 hump packs in parallel are both hump packs ruined or are they ok
they are currently on charge now and charger picked them up ok and started charging at 7.12v

also as they are in parallel can they be charged at 3A instead of the 1.5A since i doubled capacity

I'd first charge both the batteries in the receiver and remote. Then come back to us :)

I know in an lead/acid battery, you need to charge the batteries individually. You CAN charge them together but you get crap results. Charging them separately let's you peak each group of cells (battery). Also, if there is a questionable pack, you will be able to determine where the issue is. I believe (it's been a while since I played with a front end loader charging system) that if you have a bad cell in one battery and leave it hooked up with a good battery, you stand the chance of damaging the good unit as well... I would imagine that these principles are the same with all batery types.
@ninnon is right tho, get a good charge in and let us know where things stand. That's the place to start.

so far so good they took the charge ok charger finished off at 7.2v so peak for the pack then the batteries settled down to around 6.6v i will be replacing them soon though so will donate them to a friend

the onboard glow driver is no longer fitted anyway as a chip inside some how detached itself friday from pcb so it stopped working so i got to get another one eventually so back to my handheld glow driver with the single AA cell

I'm going to get a sub c 6v 4000mah hump pack soon when its back in stock, will just have to figure out where to fit it in the savage
http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbykin...ub_C_4200mAh_6_0v_NiMH_High_Power_Series.html

i think my truck felt neglected and wants some cash spent on it

Glad you got it sorted.

so far so good since the weather in the uk has been nice and where i live the wind has been low so the truck has been laid up while i learn to fly my helicopter thats been on a shelf since i rebuilt it 4 months ago after a crash

i actually found another battery i may run
Turnigy nano-tech 1700mAh 2S2P 20~40C LiFePo4 Receiver Pack
http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbykin...700mAh_2S2P_20_40C_LiFePo4_Receiver_Pack.html

so depending on what one comes back in stock first the sub c 4000mah pack or the 1700mah lifepo4 pack

niw I'm just trying to find the safe minimum discharge voltage and a alarm for the lifepo4 packs