'65 Shelby Mustang GT-350

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunedfrog

Kermit the frog is a sissy.
Supporter
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
I have a "pffttt look up there ^^^ Shelby body my nephew gave me and I want to paint it the original colors.
I am looking for a on-road chassis but have zero experience with them. Can you escaped convicts give me some suggestions ? :D
I want to stay away from the drag car platform.
One of the baddest cars on the planet.

OIP.jpg

4tec is a option, I’ve heard the tamiya’s aren’t durable, I think MST makes a onroad chassis but not 100% sure, redcat has some but I haven’t gotten any just saying what options are there

Thanks Addict, Redcat bashers aren't in my vocabulary. I'm a Redcat crawler fan but far from it with the bashers.
I was leaning towards the 4tec.

10" wheelbase and 7" body width.
I just noticed that the 4tec has a longer wheelbase so it wont work for me.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sucks in a good way, you freaks slow your roll, we know what we are talking about. :D
I have a cheap little brushless system that will work perfectly in this car.

Yeah, I agree with Kevin the Kyosho EP Fazer will be a good platform if it is a fit.

Actually, had money down at a Ford dealership on the real deal GT-350, back 1965 in Denver. They had one on the dealership floor. Even got to sit in it and get a feel for the excitement it exuded. Backed out at the moment of truth of laying down the cash. Wish now I'd a gone through with it. Oh well, fortunately it lives on in RC. Looking forward to seeing your build, pipe. Cheers. 'AC'

The classic case of woulda coulda shoulda, I could kick my own ass for selling my Mach l
Any classic Mustang is worth some serious cash.

Yeah, I had looked at this before and searched for one, but none were available at the time. What wheels you thinking TP?
17508_17508_01pp_800_600.jpg

The kit comes with wheels and tires but I doubt I will use them. I would like to find some close as possible to the real original wheels.
https://deltaplastikusa.com/ has some really nice stuff.
Not seeing anything that looks close to the OEM wheels. You'll probably just have to find something that looks cool on it.

Back