4wd -> 2wd

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSX

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi Guys,

Is there a way to use just the rear wheel drive? my front drive shaft keeps popping out and its doing my head in! ( thread about it in this section )

anyway, it has no center diff, the engine connects to the rear diff then a long drive shaft to the front.

hope there's a way!!

:)

You should be able to remove the front center shaft and have 2WD. You should also remove the drive shafts from the front diff to the hubs so the diff isn't turning causing drag.

I've tried disconnecting the main drive shaft to the front, bugger wont move, just revs up.

i have now stripped said car and i think i found the problem for it not wanting to move in just rwd. the main gear the engine mates to is sloppy to say the least. i can kinda move it in and out. if i hold the plastic surround in a bit and move the gear whilst the wheels touch the floor, the rear wheels move.......doing the same except not holding the plastic surround makes the gear just turn and sometimes catch to turn the wheels.

worn diff?

Last edited: