4tec 3.3 questions (also exhaust question)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spyke_696

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i got a few questions on my 4tec 3.3

first and biggest question is (is there any dual exhausts out there for the 4tec (rear mount) if not is there a way i can mod a rd logics one to fit it i think it would look cool on the onroad as well as sound pretty cool and a full speed drive by :)

whats a good intake to use
whats a few good mods to do tho this car to make it faster or lighter
is there a faster motor other than the trx3.3 that i can put on this car
is there a better fuel to use other than the top fuel
why do i have trouble keeping tires on this car lol

what are some good mods i can do to my 4tec (also post pics if you want so i can take a look at some rigs

Let me start by saying I've never had a 4tec but the same principles apply to all RCs. I don't think there are any real upgrades to lighten the 4tec, so you'll probably have to start doing it on your own. I'd grab a spare chassis and drill a few holes to lighten it up, you'll have to be careful because it'll also be weakening it if you take too much. You could also upgrade to some better servos, a faster throttle servo will help it have better throttle response.

All good points but i do fiberglass and carbonfiber work i can always mold it a new chassis from one of those 2 however anyyone got any clues to my dual exhaust question thats a big one i wanna do

I think you are going to be stuck with making you're own, I couldn't find anything about a 4 tec dual or rear exhaust. I saw one post asking about an Ebay posting but it was from '03 i believe, how does the header fit if you flip it? You may be able to flip the header and rig something up, exhaust is one thing that could really kill your engine if it's not right though. I've only read bad things about any of the other dual tip exhaust, loss of power and a pain to tune.

RDLogics make a dual exhaust, and have been told they are garbage by many members here. I have had a 4tec, and thought 70+mph RTR was fast enough for a touring car...

RDLogics make a dual exhaust, and have been told they are garbage by many members here. I have had a 4tec, and thought 70+mph RTR was fast enough for a touring car...

I didn't see one for the 4 tec though, I think clearing the body and rear tower are going to be an issue, as well as tuning.

ok well ig I'm gunna lose power then ill go away from the dual idea .... ok so whats a good exhaust for power I'm looking top end being its fast of the line as is

also i seen nitrorcx has a 90 mph car it looks sic and i wouldnt mind getting my hands on one but it was out of stock :( anyone know anything about it?

I'm not sure if ERCM's pipe will fit the 4tec but his are supposed to be one of the best. If his are out of your price range you could look at THS, I've heard good things about them. As far as the 90mph car, you have to take a manufacturer's advertised top speed with a grain of salt, I don't want to say that they lie but the car/track/conditions have to be perfect. I'm also not 100% sure but I think nitrorcx sells the cheap "made in China and sold to the distributer for $10 per car then shipped and sold to you for much more with little to no parts support" kind of cars.

^^I would love to see that pipe on a 4tec!

the ercms pipes thats the ones that look like <> right?? and ty for the feed back on the other car i wont be doing that then thank u again... is there any other on road rcs that are better / faster than the 4tec or is 4tec about the only one in its class

The 4tec 3.3 is the fastest RTR 3 speed I believe, the downfall with that is the drive belt is on the side of the chassis and sits next to the rear wheel. I ALWAYS had gravel/pebbles get lodged in the belt drive and ruined 2 belts and 3 of the gears they mesh to. If I was you and dont have this 4tec, I would look at the HPI RS4 3 EVO or something thats shaft driven AWD. I wasn't impressed at all with my 4tec, even for my skill level it was WAY too fast to have fun with. Thats my other .02 and hope this helps you.

I have a 4tec and I'm giving it to my wife and looking for a new car i know what u meen with the geaar mashing and belts breaking i also have trouble keeping tires on it lol i have load of fun with it but ill take ur .02 and look into hpi cars as well as a few other teams and see what i like .... i judt with that i could test drive the cars lol so i can see what fits me best .... i love the speed and always owned traxxas but I'm not an old dog yet i can be taught new tricks lol

I was comparing rigs and i like the hpi evo how fast would u say she goes? But i guess in racing u dont needd just speed but handling as well so in a race what rig do u think yould measure up best

---------- Post added at 2:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 2:21 AM ----------

What about build ur own kits any good rigs i could throw a engine into that would measure up as well?