4Tec 3.0 Snap-On Edition

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD546

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I got a killer deal on one. I want to shelve the body and wheels to keep them looking new but want to rip around a parking lot or two. The problem I'm having is finding aftermarket parts that fit the 4Tec 3.0 Factory Five platform. The only bodies I can find are too short. The Snap-On edition has a 300mm wheelbase...anyone know where I could find one?

You could get one of the Factory Five coupe or Hot Rod bodies. You might need to change the body mounts.
Traxxas still sells those bodies. Factory Five Link: Traxxas Hot Rods

I found this guide on the 4-Tec models. Is has some information you might find useful. Link: 4-Tec model guide

You could get one of the Factory Five coupe or Hot Rod bodies. You might need to change the body mounts.
Traxxas still sells those bodies. Factory Five Link: Traxxas Hot Rods

I found this guide on the 4-Tec models. Is has some information you might find useful. Link: 4-Tec model guide
Although the Hot Rods look cool, they are just not my style. When looking at the 4Tec model guide, notice the steering servo on those are not under the receiver box but in front of it. Because that little extra length, I'm limited on what I can use. I really don't want to ruin the body it came with. And it seems I'm having the same issue with wheels as well. I'm new to the hobby after a ten year hiatus and was seeing if anyone out here knows of a place that sells bodies for this car.

Back