3PK vs M8

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JATO

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
These 2 radios are now in my price range and I was wondering what the pros and cons of each are and how they feel in your hands:radio:

I hate how the M8 feels.

I'd get the 3Pk, its a step above imo.

I've never had such a comfortable feel like the M8. The screen is easy to read and eay to work with.

I want a 3pk myself...it's supposed to be real heavy compared to the other high end radios...but I see guys near me getting DSM sets and the 3pk seems to have the least issues...the guys w/ the m8 seem to have the most glitches.....

why are you asking us? go to your LHS and hold both of them and decide which is most comfortable. they are both feature packed and very nice. i prefer the way futabas fit my hand personally, but i dont have your hands so i can't answer for you.

I am ordering the radio because my hobby isn't very big the highest end radio they have 3PM.

Yea, It hardely have any after maket stuff for the nice rcs.

I love the way the M8 fits my hands perfectly! The price of the m8 is going to go down because of the new m11. I'm sure you'll be satisfied with either radio you go with.

I have and love the M8 it feel great in my hand. (Big Hands)
The screen is large and is easy to use. I have had it for 5 years and its still going strong. People are dumping stock now as mentioned above due to a new one coming out.

IMO Get the bare bones unit with no module then pick up the Spectrum system. It seems to be the best value going for the money.

To be fair, I haven't used the PK to compare it with. I have never had the need to shop nor look for another TX.

The ONLY real complaint I have w/ the airtronics stuff is it feels chinsey...I know it's a weight issue but bulky feels more durable to me...I'm a friggin Ogre w/ my stuff and the big screen stickin out just seems too fragile to me....the futaba just seems to be a better constructed peice of equipment......

I currently own a 3pk and love it had a m8 just didnt like the feel of it. I would vote 3pk all the way also i have big hands. Just my two cents

Close to a split decision Big hands or small.
It may behoove you to find a LHS that has both in stock so you can feel them and decide what you like. You wont go wrong with either one.

FYI The reason I got mine was seeing that about 90% of all the pro drivers were using them at the time. It may have changed from a few years ago but once you get used to a radio its hard to change.

I have small hands as I am only 15 and I am short for my age.

Jato do you really need an expensive radio? I think they are both very good because thay are both very expensive, so I dont think you'll be disapointed.

Can anyone give the Major differences (technically) I'm sort of interested in both as well....I'm leaning more towards the 3PK myself....

plaid from one futaba guy to another, stick with the 3PK. I've played with a friends at the track, and its like a higher end 3PM with more features and the grip is like the old 3PD-f (which i wish the 3pm had). the M8 feels like a 80 TxRx set.

Are all the 3PKs now the black version or are they still sell the ugly silver ones too.And is the black 3PK more money then the ugly silver one.

Last edited:
CorradoPsi said:
plaid from one futaba guy to another, stick with the 3PK. I've played with a friends at the track, and its like a higher end 3PM with more features and the grip is like the old 3PD-f (which i wish the 3pm had). the M8 feels like a 80 TxRx set.

LOL....In the back of my mind that's exactly how I felt.....Until I actually take the plunge either way, I'm sure I'll be back and forth on the decision.....I almost bought one of the Spektrum radios Friday....but I've made so many decisions I wished I had gone the other way on w/ products...I decided to stop and wait til I get the one I wanted in the first place....then Saturday I get an earful from everyone about how great the M8 is....still feels like a plastic toy to me.....but everyone here seems to like it.......thanks for the clear description Corrado....