3d rc flyers how long did it take you

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

How long did it take you to learn to hover

• A year or under

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • 2-3 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 years

• 5+

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashTillBroken

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
  6. Boating
How long did it take you guys to learn more advanced 3d maneuvers, like rolling harriers and etc.

I fly scale, so I haven't tried to much 3d stuff so can't answer that one. It really depends on how much stick time you get so you can't really go by years.
I completely agree I learned how to hover rolling harriers and etc after a month on the sim it’s definitely is about stick time and patience

I'm with @Doom! on this one. I'm not really interested in 3d flying because I would much rather keep it natural looking.
I also prefer a slow smooth flight.
Same with helicopters. I've never flown one but I think the 3d flying is ridiculous and I don't like it at all.

I didn’t vote cause I still can’t perform any 3D maneuvers.. every time I try them I crash! 😵‍💫
1D0B3DC3-499A-4E3D-B1EF-F1B9A045E528.jpeg

3D wasn't really my thing. But I could fly inverted, knife edge, etc with planes, and hover the helis inverted, do basic rolls, etc. That was good enough for me. I don't have the reflexes at my age for trued modern 3d, especially with a heli. Way too fast and chaotic to me.

I’d love to be able to fly like a hummingbird on crack. However that takes lots of practice and most of the time deep pockets… I’ll get there eventually but I’m not trying to hurry the process.

Sims just bore me to death! I’d rather destroy my real stuff. 😵

I’d love to be able to fly like a hummingbird on crack. However that takes lots of practice and most of the time deep pockets… I’ll get there eventually but I’m not trying to hurry the process.

Sims just bore me to death! I’d rather destroy my real stuff. 😵
Sims is the only reason I am as good as I am at 3d Because I don’t have deep pocket to learn new stuff

Back