!33t $p34k and You

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPIguy

Durability Tester
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
OK I just have to vent a little here. It seems that we have an entire section of society now that thinks they are somehow cool, or elite because they have dug up an ancient hacker language and started using it. I'm new to this forum, but I'm seeing it on many other forums that I'm a long standing member of as well and it drives me nucking futs. From here on, I will not answer any thread that asks for help if you can't speak proper fvcking english and make your problem clear and easy to understand for those of us kind enough to reply. And this is directed at no one in particular, I just watched idiocracy again and it scares me how close it sometimes paralells everyday society, that's all. Maybe I'm just getting old, but damn how hard is it to talk in plain english when the keyboard you are using was designed around it?

Also this is what Urban Dictionary has to say on the subject.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=l33tsp33k

in simple terms, a "language" for morons. generally members of an online gaming community will type like this, leading them to believe that they are funny and/or cool. the causes of them wanting to look like morons are unknown. see also: teh and pwned

online gamer: d00d!!!1 joo jus got mega pwnz0rd!! LOL @ joo n00b!

normal person: you sound like a dipshit. learn to speak english, isn't that something we were all taught in first grade?

online gamer: i sp33k l33tsp33k, itz my l4n9u49e!

normal person: dude get out of the house and get a life

You got banned from the IRC channels didn't ya. LMAO!

hpi, you are not alone in your feelings, many other members have stated the same exact thing you have, one guy even has it in his sig...

Why take the extra time, to type that crap, and make yourself look like a dumbass?

the only words of that language i use are lmao and lol. which everyone knows. . also i found what you say on here shows on your english tests. so i like to get a habbit of typing words out (even if i can't spell em)

Join the ranks of the educated HPI, I feel your pain. The "leet" speak crap makes me crazy too. Makes ya wanna slap the crap out of them that use it.

i hate it when people use things you can't understand...like said above the only things i use are lol, lmao, or lmfao....i hate it when you can't understand it...

is it just me or am i the only one rubbed the wrong way by the "vent" after being a member for 10 days?? I mean seriously, the "133t" isnt THAT bad. not nearly as bad as some forums *cough traxxas* cough*..

/rant

hpi, you are not alone in your feelings, many other members have stated the same exact thing you have, one guy even has it in his sig...

Heartbreak...

Ya I never type like that I game everyday. The worst I say is owned and noob thats about it lol.

I mean seriously, the "133t" isnt THAT bad.

I have absolutely NO idea what that means, and I wasted almost a full minute of life trying to figure it out.
HPIguy, you are NOT the only one that can't stand it. Newbies who write like that here, are quickly told it's not a chat room. It takes me 3 times as long to read, since I need to decipher the code, so after I can or can't figure it out, I move on without replying. I refuse to stoop to the level of such ignorance.

And here is proof that heartbreak is agamer too hahahah... look at the bottom of the screen. I'm EcLiPsE...

b2d62638273ba4f2d144a9ad4c498d19e18bde0c.jpg

And this is how I roll lol.

913174c6b0ca4a0833ecca536852854ebe59f534.jpg

35ab18aada33419fd5e60d7fc8c1ea63ae68556c.jpg

is it just me or am i the only one rubbed the wrong way by the "vent" after being a member for 10 days?? I mean seriously, the "133t" isnt THAT bad. not nearly as bad as some forums *cough traxxas* cough*..

/rant

Perhaps you missed this from my first post

"I'm new to this forum, but I'm seeing it on many other forums that I'm a long standing member of as well" :hehe:

Perhaps you missed this from my first post

"I'm new to this forum, but I'm seeing it on many other forums that I'm a long standing member of as well" :hehe:

no i read it..

I've been in different houses quite often in the years I've been around, but if i walked into someones house for the first time i wouldn't go about telling them i hated there wallpaper, or there wife is fat..

just my opinion though, no harm no foul

no i read it..

I've been in different houses quite often in the years I've been around, but if i walked into someones house for the first time i wouldn't go about telling them i hated there wallpaper, or there wife is fat..

just my opinion though, no harm no foul

Not sure how you surmised that it was a slam against RCNT, and I assure you it wasn't. It was more about the state of most forums these days, and the state of a large percentage of society in general. And I would never tell anyone their wife was fat, she's probably bigger than me. :hehe:

Back