3 speed trans shift

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my trans has 3 holes for adjustment, 1 for each gear, adjustable from the outside..
Not possible, you have to take the gear cluster apart to adjust the 1-2 shift!

my trans has 3 holes for adjustment, 1 for each gear, adjustable from the outside..

noooooo i have the 4.6 with the 3 spd and i have 3 holes too but its only 1st-2nd to adjust 2nd to 3rd u gotta take your tranny out and sprip it down

well sorry to inform you mine is not like that, i have a true XL and i can adjust it all

see you guys both have 2 different answers.. glad i own it.

well sorry to inform you mine is not like that, i have a true XL and i can adjust it all

i dident know that they mad a true savage xl i just thought they made regular savage xl. hahaha but no u may think that you can adjust all 3 gear from the outside because of the 3 holes but you can't. its only 1st to 2nd then to adjust from 2nd to 3rd you have to take out your whole tranny and strip it down like i said before!!!

I knew it was one of the shift points. I built a 3-speed, the kit version.

That it had to be taken apart to adjust.

post a picture of your second gear. i would like to see how its cut to allow adjustment.

apparently they make different transmissions.
On mine i can adjust the 3rd gear shift from the outside hole. I have to disassemble it to adjust the 2nd gear shift

I would love to see a picture of this also. I think some people are very confused over something very simple. On the three speed transmission third gear is located on the shaft where second gear used to be. The adjustment you are making from the hole in the side of the transmission (it does not matter if you have the 2 or 3 hole case) is the third gear shift point.

To adjust the 2nd gear shift point you HAVE to remove the gears to get to the clutch holder.

On the right is the adjustment opening.
This trans also has the reverse module and the higher ratio 3rd gear.

TrnsOpen.jpg

but you guys have to remember he has a true savage xl soo. lol

I have the Savage X. I added the reverse and the 3 speed kit, then the alloy case.
If you envision the trans the way it would be when it's closed, it appears that the adjustment opening would be at the 2-3 shift rather than the 1-2.

EDIT:
I also have the extended and lowered chassis but that's from the Fast Lane Machine TVPs rather than the XL frame.

Last edited:
So i was right!:p: I knew better than to doubt myself!:hehe:J/K

Back