2020/11/28 Bash videos - Outcast 6S, Outcast 8S and stampede 4x4 now with 4S!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I recently changed my stampede a bit to make it better for the grass bmx track I run at a lot. Got low profile, light 3.8" wheels/tires on it as well as extended it with a slash chassis. Added a blx185/4074 2200kv motor in it. Ran it on 3S most of this year, but decided I wanted to try 4S. I've been having issues with the traxxas HD cold weather arms snapping at the seam on the inside hinge pin lately though. Didn't make it through my first 4S pack before breaking another one. Was fun though... and fast. Forgot my GPS at home to check the speed. It was running 48mph on 3S with 18/54. I dropped it to 15/54 for 4S running which should put me in the mid-high 50's.

My first 4S run:

Met a small group of bashers at the bmx track a few weeks ago. One of them met up with me when I was there Saturday. He brought a new to him outcast 8S and kraton 6S with him. He was running the outcast around while I was running the stampede.

He was running the kraton when I was running my outcast, but broke it pretty bad early in the run, so I didn't get a lot of footage with him for that.

To run 4S in the stampede, I figured it would be a good idea to get the erevo diff cups/internals with the ibar and steel inserts for the x-pin. I didn't know that traxxas used 2 different styles of output shafts for that. The X-01 uses shafts that I think are 5mm to fit the cvd's (which is what I needed), but I bought the revo ones that use 6mm. I did my best to mill down the first set for the front so my MIP X-Duty's would fit, then I found out about the other ones and ordered those for the rear.

Not sure how long these will hold up before snapping off on me:
2020-stampede-5382X-outDrives1mmToBig-groundDown.jpg

The diff parts were waiting for me when I got home after the bash. I was too impatient to wait to run it on 4S, so I just dialed the punch down to 4 of 10 on the blx185. The stock diffs seemed to hold up fine.

Back