2009 RCNT Bash: Date Poll

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Please choose any/all dates you will be able to attend.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friday and Saturday nights are the organized races, you have to be a member to race or pay like 20 bucks. The track is right in the heart of flood territory and yes it will flood over occasionally. It's been up to the racers deck a few times. But, as I said before, wait 5 minutes..it'll buff out.

Other than that, its free to play on the track as much as you please, just tread lightly because we get the track from the city, for free, so long as we keep up the maintenance. Right now we're installing a ramp to the upper deck for the handicapped racers. I frequent the track just about everyday during the summer and if I'm feelin ballsy, during the winter I go out a few times too. Was there yesterday and today. During the summer, they turn the lights on for us after dark too. If we're doing this, I ask that we keep the potty mouths to a minimum, because kids are always there. And, if anyone wants to donate their time or anything else to the track, then contact me thru PM and I'll get you in touch with the track manager. Any other questions, you can also PM me for or ask on here.

That's awesome bro. Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, it'll be a pretty clean get together. A number of us are bringing the family as well so there's bound to be kids there anyways aside from folks already there at the track and parkin general.

Once we get a couple possible dates nailed I'm going to contact Dirtburners and just make sure there won't be any special events being hosted on those days.

Is the track layout always the same or do they switch it up from time to time?

Every now and then Mark the man(ager) gets out his play toy (a Case skid steer) and plays in the dirt for awhile. Right now its pretty decent. The turns are sharp and banked with jumps, the straightaway is long with a slight jump at the end, and we learned that AstroTurf like they do in California (I think that's where they do it) offers some interesting things too. I suggest to everyone whose coming to get there early and practice, practice, practice. The best hobby shop in STL (Checkered Flag Hobby Country) is only 7 miles away, give or take, and they have TOOON's of stocked up parts, accessories, hop ups, etc. They also have extremely competitive prices and the absolute best customer service...period. Check them out

From left to right is Bob, Deano (The owner), and Steve the great! LOL. If you can't figure it out, Steve can, and if he can't figure it out.....your SOL bud.

Well we're definately won't be going to race. Were looking at a Sunday/Monday open get together. Before we settle on 1 set of dates I just need to verify with the track manager that they won't be hosting anything out of the ordinary or be doing any major maintenance on the days we're planning to meet.

The only maintenance schedule I know of is always before a race. And they race on Saturday's so we're in the clear. But I'll check it over with Mark and see anyways, once we get a set definite date.

Anytime Lessen. You folks are coming into my town, I gotta warn the locals ya know.

Looks like the first of August is pretty popular! Bump

Bumpin the Bash. Is this it fellas? Havn't seen a new vote in a few days now i think.

Bumpity Bump Bump

Yeah, I'd say this part is pretty much wrapped up. Good information here to go on. I will talk to Sweetdiesel about the dates and contact the track organizers.

*edit*

It has been decided that the bash will be held on Sept. 13/14

Last edited:
i thought that the votes ended up being the begining of august??? i guess i'll be missing this one i can't come then i'll be in school...:(

The purpose of the date poll was to see where the general interest was, not necessarily to decide on a "winning date". I wish you would be able to make it and I'm sure there will be others that won't be able to make this date as well. I feel the middle of September will yield an overall better experience for all those who will be able to attend.

Back