2 stroke full synthetic mix

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSX

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi guys,

Could i add some 2 stroke motorcycle oil in with my nitro fuel? I'm running 16% at the moment so would it lower the octane too much?

What you really want is fuel with less oil content, you wouldn't believe the difference in tuning and overall perfprmance.

What you really want is fuel with less oil content, you wouldn't believe the difference in tuning and overall perfprmance.

how would that effect the lubrication? they rev so high and would need a good oil source?

I'm running on 16% on purpose to make sure i dont cook my engine..

you wont get the smell you want just by adding 2 stroke oil ...nitro engines burn methanol ,nitromethane and oil ..either synthetic or castor oil ..or a mix of both .......the smell you want comes from gasoline and oil mix ,,so get a weed trimmer for your smell fix :hehe::p:

and you dont need the extra lube ...16% is MORE than enough ...you could even go down to 14 or 12 % oil

there is NO such thing as too much nitro. and right now iam missing the motor cycle drags.

WHAT? Where you seeing bike drags?? I wanna watch too!

Whos watching Bikers in drag?!

I use Odonnell's Fuel which I believe only has 8% oil in it. I wouldnt go any lower than that but 16% oil is overkill IMO.

greenwich-drag-race.jpg

Whos watching Bikers in drag?!

I use Odonnell's Fuel which I believe only has 8% oil in it. I wouldnt go any lower than that but 16% oil is overkill IMO.

this is the stuff I'm using

op1002_01.jpg

Rolex is the one in the center of the frame in black and white stripes. :D

16% is too much oil IMO. I would recommend using the 12% oil. The current generation of Nitro fuel used in the hobby is designed to keep the engines lubricated at the extreme revs these engines can attain.

If you miss the smell of 2-stroke oil, look at a 1/5th scale or wait until HPI releases their new little engine for the 1/8 scale cars and trucks.

^That fuel is fine, but fuel with 12% oil would make your engines run cooler and more reliable, plus they will last just as long if not longer. If you're cooking engines then you need to learn how to tune them better.

---------- Post added at 3:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 3:16 AM ----------

Another thing to consider is the type of oil. Castor oil breaks down and does it's job in the higher temps, so using full synthetic may not be wise. I prefer Byron's fuel with a mix of syn and castor.

Back