2 speed upgrade?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raaazzzeee

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i have a duratrax raze 1/8th scale buggy and i want to know where can get a 2 speed transmition for since i just bash with it and would like to take the speed to the next level. :)

Don't believe you will find one, buggies have a center dif not a gear reduction transmission. You can probably get different size spurs but no tranny.

The only oness that comes to mind are from OFNA and maybe XTM. I think they are pretty useless as most buggies if not all run out of room in most areas and tracks. I really think a decent mill and proper gearing will achieve optimum speed. I have yet to find anyone here that uses them.

if gearing will do the trick what ratio would you suggest for decent low end but mainly top?

You'll need a larger clutchbell and smaller spur. Lower ratio will give you less punch but more top end. Just like 1:1

do you know a good place to find these parts? I've looked all i found where light weight gears with the stock ratio.

thanx for the link i found what i need :)