2.4ghz losi micro LOSB9524 won't bind...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Not sure what the deal is. Stuff is all discontinued now and the micro-t forum I used to be a member of is gone. :(

Just got a bug up my butt last night to transplant the brushless motor for my micro sct to my micro high-roller. I got the MSCT to drive around the house, but it was too big, so figured since I do run the MHR once in a while, may as well run the brushless motor in it vs the brushed DT motor I had.

Both trucks have the same LOSB9524 receiver/esc combo board in them. The MHR binds to my DX5C fine but the MSCT does not. I got the radio earlier this year to replace a DX3C (which I basically gave away to a fellow RC'r in need) and this was the first time I was fussing with either truck since the new radio.

Since it didn't bind, I dug an old DS3R transmitter out of mothballs just to see if it would bind since it's pre-DSM2/DSMR tech and it binds to it and works just fine. Doesn't really matter as I don't drive the truck, but still would like to know that there's something I'm missing about it causing it to not bind to the DX5C.

I ran the MHR today for 30 minutes straight with cats chasing it around the house and had a good time. I have the throttle travel set to 50% as that's about all the faster I can control it in the house, even then, it's very wheelie happy and tippy even with DT tires turned backwards. Was contemplating converting it to a micro-Desert Truck to lower it for stability purposes. As it was, it was a micro-T when I got it many years ago and I converted it to a high roller thinking that would magically make it able to climb stuff... I'm an idiot. lol!

Anyway, would be nice to get a DT while parts are still somewhat available and use the other 2.4ghz board out the the MSCT in it if I can get it to bind. Perhaps it's the 4 or 5 wire servo annoying it? The other has an upgraded 3 wire servo. I run both on 2S lipo's.

Stuff is all discontinued now and the micro-t forum I used to be a member of is gone.
What?! When did the micro-t forum go away?

Have you noticed Losi is bringing back the Mini-T truck (LOS01015T3, LOS01015T2, and LOS01015T1)?

Back