2.4 ghz transmitter Binding ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meowzz

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi i'm new and i really wanted to know whether it is possible to bind another 2.4ghz Transmitter, with a 2.4ghz receiver, as the transmitter was lost. Or whether i should buy a new set up? If it is possible how so?

I am no guru with binding but I know it is possible in many cases to bind multiple receivers to a transmitter, New or used... However, before anyone can answer questions about this, the brand and model # of the transmitter and receiver is very likely going to be necessary. I will try and help out unless someone with lots of experience cares to chime in. Please post back.

(unless you do not have a transmitter at all right now, I think I am reading you lost your old one and haven't replaced it yet?) The receiver info is still necessary because you're options of transmitter may be limited based on that.

Yeah, I was a little unclear about if the new tx already exists. Hopefully this will be cleared up soon. What I'm wondering is if a newer and older same brand tx and rx will still bind. I guess it goes back to model #s at that point.

Oh, I know it changes... But this isn't my post, just the 1st answer. Hoping they answer back so we could help out

Not always, sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Right so as long as it is the exact same model as the receiver can i only bind?

That is not the case. There are some manufacturers of aftermarket receivers that work with certain transmitters. Likewise, ther are manufacturers who build within the same name but their receivers are only compatible with certain transmitters. Model names and numbers would likely be the only way to answer compatibility. Or simply buy a new transmitter and receiver together as you had suggested.

As certified Mike has said, look around to see what other people have found to work with your remote. But yes, if you get the receiver that came with the remote in the first place then it will work.