2.2" Wheels Binding

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fried One

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm a little baffled . I replaced the stock wheels on my Lasernut U4. Bought a set of 2.2 aluminum wheels and using a 20mm hub extension to obtain clearance. Was pretty excited to get them installed but once installed and nuts tightened the wheels would not spin . It seems that the locking nut needs to be loosend quite a bit before it moves. I am a bit puzzled as to why it won't move when tightend. Has anyone come across this. I could really use some insight on this .
Thanks.

Look at the outer bearings in the hubs and look at the mating surfaces of the extenders you are using. If the extenders are making contact on the inner and outer bearing race, it will lock the bearing and not allow your wheels to rotate.

Look at the outer bearings in the hubs and look at the mating surfaces of the extenders you are using. If the extenders are making contact on the inner and outer bearing race, it will lock the bearing and not allow your wheels to rotate.
Thanks for your reply. I will have to be at my truck and look at what you are saying. I will respond to your message once I have a look.
Thanks man.

I agree with WF. Something is clamping down on your wheel bearing preventing them from spinning.

Back