1st SC8 Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer 1966

What are we doing today?
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Looking at the body, isn't some cutting needed to keep it cool? The factory circle in the windshield and side window just doesn't seem like enough to me.
Another problem is you can't even check temps with the body on.

I would ream a hole in the body directly above the plug to check temps.

Directly above would actually get into the rear of the roof. I'm thinking I'll cut out the triangle between the rollbar details.

is there an exit hole in the back of the body thats directly behind the windshield hole? its been a long time since i ran a nitro engine but i remember reading an article that stated for proper air cooling all you need are 2 similar sized holes. 1 in front of the cooling head and 1 directly behind it.

The whole back is open at the rear bumper. The only other hole is for the remote igniter hook up. Here's a pic of the rear of the truck. Factory mud flaps :thumbup:

sc8rear2.JPG

Are those flaps rubber or plastic?

If you cut out the rectangle, your body will split within a few days, week tops at the corner.
A general rule of thumb is to always have rounded corners when making an opening.

With that being said, my SC8 runs within acceptable temps with the stock setup.
If your concerned and want to cut that triangle out, just round the corners and dont cut them to the point.

If you cut out the rectangle, your body will split within a few days, week tops at the corner.
A general rule of thumb is to always have rounded corners when making an opening.

With that being said, my SC8 runs within acceptable temps with the stock setup.
If your concerned and want to cut that triangle out, just round the corners and dont cut them to the point.

I knew to round the corners - thanks :thumbup1:

My other concern is how do you keep eye on the temp/tune without access to check it?

I knew to round the corners - thanks :thumbup1:

My other concern is how do you keep eye on the temp/tune without access to check it?

I've cut out the entire rear section. keeps everything cooler and I like the exposed cage, looks more like the 1:1 trucks I've seen.

P1010575.jpg

I do kinda like that JessF. Where/how did you get the side body mounts on the rear? My bumper just has round pads there.

I do kinda like that JessF. Where/how did you get the side body mounts on the rear? My bumper just has round pads there.

I had some extra body mounts from another project so I drilled a hole and screwed them on each side, where those pads are. I used a bit of 2 part epoxy just to be sure and so far they've not come loose. next step would be to cut out the front and side windows for more air flow.

Wow, that looks awesome. Man, you're making me want one even more JessF.

I had some extra body mounts from another project so I drilled a hole and screwed them on each side, where those pads are. I used a bit of 2 part epoxy just to be sure and so far they've not come loose. next step would be to cut out the front and side windows for more air flow.

Cool ! I'm really diggin' it,just wish I had time to start the break-in. Except for Thur. with the family,I'm working to entire weekend :(

wow JessF thats one nice truck you got there!!

I've cut out the entire rear section. keeps everything cooler and I like the exposed cage, looks more like the 1:1 trucks I've seen.

P1010575.jpg

man that looks sweet!

Back