1st plane

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FULL power on take off. Just concentrate on getting to a comfortable altitude then back off the throttle and make your trims to stay straight and level at about 1/2 throttle.

I have a f4u coisair I am having a problem trying to land it all I have is grass to land on any tips or tricks about grass landings.

I fly it alot on the simulator and watch a couple of guys fly on our airfield. Its all grass and they seem to land with minimal difficulty. Although we keep it cut every week and its irrigated as well. So i guess what I'm getting to is make sure the grass is cut pretty low or your landings will be rough and bouncy.

very nice looking plane :)

i brought an electra fun xp2 electric to get me started, its a very basic plane with just the rudder and flaps.

comes with another controller thats usb with a sim and its pretty much the same as flying in real life...was a huge help.

once i mastered flight with the elec plane i found the transition easy to nitro and my first nitro plane was a basic trainer with a .28. wingspan was around 42''

first flight was flawless.

since then i have loads of planes inc a spitfire with a 120 4t and 70''+ wingspan...that was a monster of a plane!

i actually still have the electra lol still fun to fly.

I have a f4u coisair I am having a problem trying to land it all I have is grass to land on any tips or tricks about grass landings.

We have an all grass field where I fly, it's also a fairly new field that used to be a corn field as well so you can imagine how rough it is. My advice is pick up an EPO foam plane if your field is really rough and just belly land without the gear. If it's just normal grass, larger wheels / tires help greatly with nose overs on landing.

Back