17mm tire recommendations

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeepOnKeepnOn

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Rival MT10 upgraded drivetrain, 2400kv motor mamba x esc, 17mm conversion. I run on golf coarse and base ball feilds.

Running in grass, I would probably go with a Masher or Hatchet. The Trencher and Six-Pack are supposed to be good too for grass. The Badlands and other blocky type tires are common on monster trucks, but they are super grippy in grass and create havoc on your drivetrain with some RC's.

Our Granite 3s and Kraton 6s both have Badlands on them and they both do much better in dirt than grass. In grass, the Kraton does fine with the beefier drivetrain components, but the Granite destroys driveshafts if we spend too much time in the grass.

Rival MT10 upgraded drivetrain, 2400kv motor mamba x esc, 17mm conversion. I run on golf coarse and base ball feilds.
I have Hatchets on my Kraton 8S and I really like them. Mashers are about the same tread pattern so those are also good. Trenchers are a bit more aggressive imo but also another solid pick. Badlands are the most aggressive out of those tires and I personally only run those in really loose conditions like gravel, loose dirt etc.

Trencher belted on my MT10. Trencher (belted) is a heavy tire. Not my tire of choice for grass. Tends to loose grip at speed. At least the type grass prevalent down here in Houston - St. Augustine.

Gladiators work well on grass. At least in SCT size on 2S/3S. Good luck. 'AC'

Trencher belted on my MT10. Trencher (belted) is a heavy tire. Not my tire of choice for grass. Tends to loose grip at speed. At least the type grass prevalent down here in Houston - St. Augustine.

Gladiators work well on grass. At least in SCT size on 2S/3S. Good luck. 'AC'
You guys have grass in Texas? I thought it was all dust and tumbleweeds 😅

You guys have grass in Texas? I thought it was all dust and tumbleweeds 😅
Yep! Plenty around here just north of Montgomery TX. Piney woods, thicket, and san augustine grass. There's more concrete then grass as Greater Houston area has expanded to my property. Concretes a blast but all the Karen and Kens you got to deal with as of lately aren't. There's more of them then blades of grass. Lol

Thanx for all the suggestion