17mm hex wheels

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joffie1

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi all just a quick onew I bought today some 17mm hex wheels will let I need adapters to fit the traxxas tmaxx and the savage 25 if so where would I get them and what do they look like so I know what I'm looking for cheers

Hi all just a quick onew I bought today some 17mm hex wheels will let I need adapters to fit the traxxas tmaxx and the savage 25 if so where would I get them and what do they look like so I know what I'm looking for cheers

They will look like whats on the truck now but only bigger an maybe a different color!
Oh ,an they are shaped like a stop sign!.....:hehe:

They will look like whats on the truck now but only bigger an maybe a different color!
Oh ,an they are shaped like a stop sign!.....:hehe:
That doesn't happy pic would be good like

12_b89adf97-6653-4838-ab45-eb31fc3cc84e_1024x1024.jpg

Google "traxxas 17mm hex" and a bunch of sites that offer these will pop up. Usually Amazon,eBay, dollarhobbiez, or Amazon hobbies.com is where I get all my parts

Been a while since I messed with these but my mind is telling me you'll need a different size for the Savage. If I remember correctly,the T-Maxx stub axle is 6mm where the Savage is 8mm. You might want to check before you just order 2 sets of the same part.

Been a while since I messed with these but my mind is telling me you'll need a different size for the Savage. If I remember correctly,the T-Maxx stub axle is 6mm where the Savage is 8mm. You might want to check before you just order 2 sets of the same part.
Yes. Traxxas hubs won't fit on a savage. The cheapest way to put 17mm on a savage is to buy HPI 17mm hex's and HPI 5x8mm flange nuts.

I have a savage x and it came with 14mm and 17mm hexes. I have been also looking for that type of adapter to be used with the 17mm wheels the hole in it.

http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?partnumber=HSF10X07;c=462

There's a solution for your Savage, not the cheapest but probably the best considering whats out there. There's a mod that can be done to fit Team Associated RC8T wheel hexes on, but you're going to need a drill press or a mill and some quality HSS drills. I did the mod, but I've thrown a few pins which can be frustrating, I wish I knew about the Hot Racing product first.

Back