1.9 beadlocks recommendations

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtbmatty

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
Looking for recommendations on a set (4) 1.9 beadlock crawler wheels. They need to be compatible with the stock Capra portals. Looking for a cost effective, but quality set.

What’s everyone using?

Thanks Doom. I found a set of Treals that should fit according to a few of the Amazon reviews. I will probably give those a whirl, unless someone else chimes in with another suggestion

I have RCLions 2.2 Fuel wheels. They were $52 on Amazon. As it turns out, they are the exact same wheels RC4WD sells for $170 or so. And the machining on them is just amazing. No tool marks. No burrs. Excellent anodize. Just gorgeous wheels. The best in my collection by far, and best I have ever bought.

But I bought them for our Ryft, and the rear inner diameter is too small to clear the steering knuckles, and the width is too narrow for the Ryft tires. I'll use them on something else though 😉

Last edited:
Awesome guys thanks!! I ordered up a set of the red/black, and should have them tomorrow. Going to call my LHS and see if they have proline bfg Krawlers to mount on them. The wheels ended up being 10 bucks less and a color scheme I prefer, pretty good deal.

These wheels were a project to assemble, straight forward, simple, just tedious. They look great and gave me the extra weight I was look for down low. Mounted Hyrax tires (G8) with proline dual stage. I have automotive weights on the rims also. No Vents in tires or rims and overall very happy with the performance. Only odd thing with the wheels was three of them were 5 bolt on the back and one was 4 bolt. You don’t see it and it doesn’t bother me.
the rock in the picture is behind our house, it’s not a wall by any stretch, but the stock tires only spun at the bottom. I was able to crawl it 2 outta 3 try’s, turn around and drive back down. Gonna start a three so I can post some pictures of the crawling course we’ve been working on at home
1ED02497-B42D-4ACB-9110-5288CB704008.jpeg

I did all four this afternoon, because I was afraid if I stopped it might be a week before I could start again. 🤣

I've got plenty of aluminum Chinese beadlocks wheels off Amazon, and I think they are fantastic. The only thing I am ever concern about, are the smaller screws. I've had some heads break off while tightening. Nowadays, I just use blue Loctite and snug ever so tightly.

I had the same thought about the bolts, especially the the ones on the back that pull the two halves together. I was going to use green loctite and I stopped at a hardware store Saturday but they didn’t have any. I used a touch of blue loctite that I already had instead

I just put a set of injora 1.9 bead lock wheels with some mud slinger’s on my gen 8 v2…just had it out for a little while yesterday…in the freshly dug up garden 😂 I like them so far
C0464A31-005A-46EE-BF7D-288CB8F651DE.jpeg
8964611C-62EF-4821-B2A3-06BB12B9D18B.jpeg
680D9567-70AD-447A-ADA6-7160E12EA9CC.jpeg
348B7256-10FA-47E8-AD59-C59E5E58B53D.jpeg