1/5 scale Buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are these rigs any good.
Thanks for the link rolex, what a difference in price.

You can actually get them straight from the US warehouse from HK now as well. They also have an FG 1/5 monster truck clone too.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=16637

Personally though, I bought a used Baja 5b SS that had one tank ran through it. Couldn't have been happier, just got bored running it by myself all the time.

First please stay away from HK...if you have a problem they will not help you at all. I bought a SC 260s truck. It was broken out of the box, they told me to send it back to China...not Washington state where it shipped. Plus you will never talk to anyone. This buggy is good, but I would look at king motor or Rovan RC on eBay. Here is that same buggy but with my personal touch. It's as good as my 5b.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361422300.365649.jpg

"It's more than a hobby...it's an addiction!"

Well, i was looking for a used one, i know as soon as i get it I'm going to rip it apart and upgrade it 7 ways to sunday. How much is a good price for a used one, or should i just get new?

Depending on how much upgrading you plan to do, why not just build it from scratch? I rebuilt my Baja from an original stock purple one and by the time I was done (Roughly $2500) later the only thing left stock is the receiver box, fuel tank, roll cage and front and rear bulks. You can get screw kits from Hexscrews for a good price and find tons of good used parts on hpibajaforums.

If you wanna buy used you check out the baja forums aswell for a good deal on one most likely already hopped up. If you wanna go with a knock off the KM ones seems pretty good. A buddy of mine bought two of them brand new with hopups for about $600 each.

i have a king motor baja and i payed like 550 for it and it has been pretty good. the only problems i had were that the bolts had a ton of locktite on them and were very hard to get out. but the price was great compared to hpi which if you are doing a ton of upgrades the quality of part will be the same.