1/24 Scale Overland Trailer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the Jerry can mount and the propane tank glued in place, and got the main body primered. Screws for the leaf springs were supposed to be here today, but FedEx is taking their sweet time as usual. The wheels and tires should be here Thursday, along with some bronze paint.
20220510_182943.jpg

Hopefully everything arrives to finish this by Thursday. Then it should go together pretty quick. Still looking to buy some 4mm ribbon to make some straps for the top rack and one to hold the jerry can in.

Nice. I might have to grab some of those.

The screws showed up today, so I got the leaf springs installed on the frame. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. I wish I had made the hangers a tad longer, so it had a bit more travel, but I can always remodel them and print new ones.
20220511_100339.jpg

20220511_101544.jpg

20220511_101846.jpg

A little articulation vid

Last edited:
Yeah, I designed all the parts to look as scale as possible. Except for the axle. That was just designed to have clearance and be easily printable as well as durable. A friend said it looks like a portal axle. I was like, yeah it kinda does actually.

Are you going to do a roof rack? because I see holes in the roof
Yeah, I designed all the parts to look as scale as possible. Except for the axle. That was just designed to have clearance and be easily printable as well as durable. A friend said it looks like a portal axle. I was like, yeah it kinda does actually.
Yea but I feel like the axle won’t be seen that often and like you said more clearance
What color are you going to paint it? Enless you did gray

It will be purple, to match the Carnage.
20220419_200143.jpg

The cutest little beadlocks and tires just showed up. But I need to print a hub because the one they come with won't work.
20220511_122124.jpg

They are RC4WD .7 stamped steel wheels for their little 24th scaler.

Last edited:
Got the beadlocks assembled. These were SURPRIZINGLY EASY! My only gripe is the tiny nut driver they supply with them doesn't quite go on the hex bolts.
20220515_203130.jpg

20220515_203332.jpg

Here are the RC4WD .7 wheels and tires next to the stock Deadbolt wheels and tires. Aren't they cute? 😍
20220515_203914.jpg

Last edited: