1/10th VS 1/8th

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubble27

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey all

I've just signed up to this forum, checking up on previous posts no such post. :D

I was wondering which to go for, the 1/10th attracts me due to size and weight however after seeing clips on the web i must say the 1/8th looks like crazy fun!! :whhooo:

Now my question is can a 1/10th scale nitro buggy run on the same track as the 1/8th??? actually ramp etc?

All the clips show the 1/8th ramping but none of the 1/10th.
If you can chuck a .28 engine on the 1/8th to be super fast....why can't you put a .21 in a 1/10th??

Last thing, i live near a park and are most probs gna be driving it on grass so i'd probs go for a buggy than a road car.

My question is can you take a buggy and turn it into a road car? By buying the suspension, wheels etc??

PS. I'm between the Himoto PYTHON XV3 UPGRADE and the Acme Condor Pro Special Edition.

Any recommendations? they are both 1/10th scale
I'm abit wary about getting bored too fast of a 1/10th scale :\

Thanks guys
lol at the newbie questions!

First of all, if you want to race you need to go to your local track and see what they race. Secondly 1/10 does not have the competitive parts that you will need, this is why 1/8 is usually king at the track. For example 1/10 usually have smaller shocks, smaller engines. So jumping becomes a problem with small shocks because of travel. IMO buy the 1/8, but be prepared to spend the money. Keep in mind 1/10=$200 and 1/8=$600 in general

You say you are going to be running it at the park mostly, IMO I would go with the 1/8th scale since it will have in easier time running in higher grass than the 1/10th scale. It also depends on your preference though as to what you like! I deffinetly would not get something that I would not be happy with! I do think that the 1/8th scale rigs take more of a beating than the 1/10th scale as well.

You say you are going to be running it at the park mostly, IMO I would go with the 1/8th scale since it will have in easier time running in higher grass than the 1/10th scale. It also depends on your preference though as to what you like! I deffinetly would not get something that I would not be happy with! I do think that the 1/8th scale rigs take more of a beating than the 1/10th scale as well.

Thanks guys!

Yeh I'm probs going for the 1/8 scale, abit wary since i dont have a car and I'm gona be putting it in a big gym bag and carrying it. Is that ok?? Or not possible?

Can you not put 2speed on a 1/8 scale buggy? I heard it might break when ramping on a track but since i wont be tracking it should be ok yeh?

which brand should i go for?
I'm actually considering going for the Kyosho Inferno .28 found it for £220
the .21 is going for £175
Kyosho is always recommended

However my eye is set on the Hobao Hyper 8!! :D i love it....or the Ultra LX1 is wicked too, but i was told to stick to known brands for the ease of spare parts. Are these recommended?

Last question guys :D
Could i go for the cheap Ansmann virus cause its self build and once i start wrecking it and need parts, can i just not buy the hyper 8 parts and repair it??

Thanks again

Last edited:
Back