“Bitten by the RC Bug”

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP-12

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
So I got my first nitro car pretty recent. It’s an HPI bullet I Mainly use for off road. I’ve already learned a TON between learning on here, YouTube, and a few other sites.
BUT...
I’ve been bitten by the RC bug! I’m looking into getting my second nitro car in the (somewhat) near future.
I’m looking for recommendations on a good nitro car for on-road use. Might be a silly reason, but I’m looking for speed, high torque, and great handling.

I’ve done a good amount of research, but am curious what some of you would reccomend I should look into? Definately something with upgrade parts that are much easier to get my hands on than HPI upgrades.
I have a Sanwa MT-s that I can connect to both if I choose to do so.

Throw me some ideas fellas!

Last edited:
@JP-12 did I read that right? You want a nitro on-road car to do wheelies with?!

My apologies, it’s tough for me to describe things well, which I guess I worded that wrong.
Not necessarily an RC that’s low to the ground like a car type for racing if that makes sense, But something with good torque to get the front wheels off the ground and spin donuts and whatnot.
I guess what I really mean is if you were to buy a nitro car right now which would you go with and what sways you toward that option?

@JP-12 if I wanted a stunt RC to do wheelies and crazy jumps, I'd probably look at the Arrma Outcast honestly, but that's not nitro.

If I had to stick with nitro then I'd probably consider a HPI Savage, Traxxas E-Revo or the Kyosho Mad Crusher (mostly because it just looks awesome and like a lot of fun). :D

@JP-12 if I wanted a stunt RC to do wheelies and crazy jumps, I'd probably look at the Arrma Outcast honestly, but that's not nitro.

If I had to stick with nitro then I'd probably consider a HPI Savage, Traxxas E-Revo or the Kyosho Mad Crusher (mostly because it just looks awesome and like a lot of fun). :D
My apologies, it’s tough for me to describe things well, which I guess I worded that wrong.
Not necessarily an RC that’s low to the ground like a car type for racing if that makes sense, But something with good torque to get the front wheels off the ground and spin donuts and whatnot.
I guess what I really mean is if you were to buy a nitro car right now which would you go with and what sways you toward that option?

Hey. I started with nitros and now have 14 cars and trucks. 9 nitros, and 5 brushless. I started buying brushless, but have migrated back to nitros. I just love the sound, smell, and creating horsepower. My favorite nitros are my savage 4.6, savage, 5.9, Tmaxx 3.3, and 2 revo 3.3’s. One of my revos has the IOS .21 engine.

As far as torque goes, nothing beats the purple 4.6 savage motor. Truck screams low end and does monster wheelies. I upgraded the shocks, put on wider tires, and nothing compares in the dirt or grass. However, the Tmaxx 3.3 is my fastest running and smoothest wheelie machine I have for the pavement. It’s a lighter truck than the Savage, and it’s easier to control, and very powerful. I’m a big fan of the 3.3 and 4.6 nitros.

Here are a couple of my nitros.
Black Camaro- Tmaxx 3.3 custom
Red Chevy- Jato 3.3 full custom
Green truggy- traxxas 2.5 fully custom

Attachments

• 814E1318-DB85-41D4-88A4-7A2CED505A73.jpeg
    814E1318-DB85-41D4-88A4-7A2CED505A73.jpeg
    249.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 9C701895-A8BB-406F-A4EF-07F01F492BC8.jpeg
    9C701895-A8BB-406F-A4EF-07F01F492BC8.jpeg
    275.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 237A0E70-8D85-46ED-959D-1B3589BCC7C9.png