Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Losi has just released news about their new 1/18th Mini-Rock Crawler. The Losi Mini-Rock Crawler ready-to-run 1/18th scale crawler incorporates the key design principles of full-scale rock crawlers into a...

Click to continue

RCP Crawlers has the new Losi for sale for $239.99. I will get one eventually so I'll have something to take on trips and mess around with in the house.

I was looking forward to this release but I was hoping it was going to be a full size and not a 18th scale :(

-Michael

Losi 1/18 Crawler

I've never really given rock crawling much thought, but after seeing this i can just imagine crawling around the sofa. Now I want one! :thumbup:

I was looking forward to this release but I was hoping it was going to be a full size and not a 18th scale :(

-Michael

Agreed. I'm not very impressed with the idea of a small scale crawler. Too small, too light and for this particular vehicle waaaaay too expensive.

Agreed. I'm not very impressed with the idea of a small scale crawler. Too small, too light and for this particular vehicle waaaaay too expensive.

+1 on that comment.
more money to save for the e-revo

I don't know, for me it might be a good one to invest in, simply because there are not very many places around here that are good for crawling and this would be something I could mess with around the house and in our rock garden.

...Too small, too light and for this particular vehicle waaaaay too expensive.

I too was taken back about the price. Horizon Hobby has the Losi mini crawler for $239, or I can head over to A Main and pick up the Axial RTR for $10 more. Just seems like a no brainier when it comes to price. :dumb:

-Michael

I too was taken back about the price. Horizon Hobby has the Losi mini crawler for $239, or I can head over to A Main and pick up the Axial RTR for $10 more. Just seems like a no brainier when it comes to price. :dumb:

-Michael

Exactly! :thumbup::thumbup:

Well, it does come with a 2.4 GHz spectrum spread radio. Thats a major plus. and the mini rock claw tires.

Last edited:
Wow..looks pretty good. Maybe I'll have to pick one of those up.

I was hoping for a full size as well. But 1/18 isn't too bad. A lot of the most popular 2.2 class rigs that are competing are running TLT axles, and that's a 1/18 kit as well, so there's definitely potential. I would definitely buy an axial first if I didn't have a crawler, but once you've got plenty of 2.2 class crawlers, this would be something neat to have. I think Losi will probably test the waters with this and see how it goes over, and will probably have a 2.2 in the works. Losi already offers the best 2.2 tires and the best 2.2 shocks on the market, all that's missing is a set of axles.

Maybe soon Losi will have a 1/18 crawler and a 2.2. Then, the 1/36 micro-c will come out. I see some huge potential in there.

man i never even saw this to begin with, it looks real nice but like all you guys said for someone getting into rock crawling you can get the 1/10 for a little more.

but this one looks like its got it all in one nice little package. from what i can tell with the bigger scale models need alot of upgrading and that means more money.

i might consider this if i ever wanted to test the waters of crawling, it looks like its all you need to start, and than maybe even getting a bigger one and start competing . who knows.

but it looks great and sounds like a good losi product. I've seen them now for the $200- $185 range on some websites.

Well if someone wanted to get into rock crawling, the Axial is a very capable rig and doesn't need any upgrades to be just about comp ready. You can spend about $300 on an axial and electronics, and have one hell of a crawler. But for people like me who already have 4 2.2 crawlers, this is a neat little toy to play around with. A lot of people are going to be buying them, pulling the wheels and tires and the axles out from under them, and throwing the rest away into the crap pile of extra parts or selling it. The claws are going to be selling like hotcakes to guys that have 1.9 inch scalers (like me) and want to do some crawling with them. Also, the TLT axles are expensive and hard to find since they aren't being made any more, so I'm sure these will be put to use in some scalers because of the narrow track width, and if they fit good on a scaler, these1/18 crawlers will be hard to find like the baja 5B SS was when it came out, because everyone and their momma will be buying them for the axles, wheels, and tires.

wow just from that 1/18 people are going to want all those parts off it? i wouldnt think those 1/18 wheels and tires and axles would fit on the 1/10 scale

hopefully i can get one in the future that has no wheels/tires and the axles for cheap. it still sounds like its a really nicely build crawler.

Last edited:
Well the axles are the most expensive parts on the truck, so you might do better to just buy one that already has the axles. Definitely check into it before you buy one without them.

Last edited:
so whats the verdict? I am thinking about picking one up for a few reasons. Sure you can buy a AX-10 for a little more but you are going to spend a TON on the ax-10 just because there is just so much aftermarket for it. I figure if i get one of these, my upgrades are limited and i think LOSI makes a solid product and i shouldn't need to be replacing parts that often. I also don't have many places to crawl and i think a little crawler you can build a course for in 10 minutes would be super cool.

Back