Axial AX10 Scorpion Almost Ready to Run

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Axial has just released another version of their ever popular Scorpion RC rock crawling truck, this time it’s an almost ready to run (ARTR) version. The Axial AX10 Scorpion ARTR was designed from the ground up, and every detail was thought through to provide a competition level base kit to work with. In the past the only way to build a competition capable rock crawler was to...

Click to continue

Woody added the press release to the front page and put it in here as a direct link to that press release on the news page. This is the official page by Woodie.

Yes, it is for sale and has started shipping. RCP has them in stock for a dam good price, if I didn't already have three axials I would have bought this one.

http://www.rcpcrawlers.com/product.php?productid=1022&cat=29&page=1

It's a great starter rig, because it's already got the heavy duty gears and lockers, bent links, pro-line hammer tires, and some more upgrades.

great thanks i think thats the one I'm going for .
I've got all the internals on order gotta make the battery plates for my split pack myself tho $80 shipping to the uk if i order!!!!!

unless anyone else know where i can pick up a pair with reasonable shipping to the uk

heavy duty gears, bent links, much better tires (with less funk), new body, memory foams, rear axle lock out.

I have mine on order.......now I just need to find a ESC and motor.......

I really like my Novak Goat brushless system. If you already have a sidewinder or mamba ESC, then you could go with one of thoe homes hobbie's outrunner motors. Some of the strongest motors out there.

I was looking at the Goat to put in it. I have a Mamba Max in my RC10T4 I could use, but then I would have to buy something to put back in it. So I guess Goat it will be.

I REALLY like the Goat, and it's so easy to buy it all together and install in the truck. I reccomend installing the slipper clutch when you put the motor in, I'm getting ready to order one for my rig. I've gone through three battery packs and already twisted the driveshafts.

You're definitely going to need to relocate the battery on the truck, and the axial low COG kit works great since I'm sure you'll be running LiPo. I think this is the single most important mod from taking it from box stop and making it into a capable crawler.

http://eastendmachining.com/axsclowcgbap.html

This battery will fit on it perfect. I have the 2000 mah 2S, and it's a lil big. I'm getting 2 hours out of one of those batteries, so I just went with the 1290 mah so that it wont interfere with my steering or anything like that. It's way smaller.
http://www.maxamps.com/Lipo-1290-74-Pack.htm

Yeah relocating the battery was the first thing in order....man I am in trouble for batteries though, because the smallest I have is a 2s 4000mah. I am so used to needing super high power packs for the Mamba with the 7700....evil to battery packs. I have a great place to climb behind my house I'll have to post some pictures.....

Back