Hey, old guys...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9x19

Hardcore RCTalk User
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Look what Associated has for your Christmas List!

https://www.associatedelectrics.com/teamassociated/cars_and_trucks/RC10CC/Kit/

IMG_3101%20copy_lg.jpg

Z...O...M...G... I have to have one of these to go with my original! Its also awesome they are re-releasing this because original RC10 owners will have a fresh influx of replacement parts!

Wow. I only hope they re-release the original gold pan. It was THE rc car to have back in the 80's. I cut the page out of the Tower Hobbies catalog that had the RC10 on it and had it stuck on the wall by my bed. I remember reading all kinds of info on it and wanted one, but didn't get my first RC10 til the B2 Came out.

A little bit of trivia: How many of you have always thought that RC10 stood for Remote Control 10? It actually stands for Roger Curtis, the guy who designed the RC10 😉

Wow. I only hope they re-release the original gold pan. It was THE rc car to have back in the 80's. I cut the page out of the Tower Hobbies catalog that had the RC10 on it and had it stuck on the wall by my bed. I remember reading all kinds of info on it and wanted one, but didn't get my first RC10 til the B2 Came out.

A little bit of trivia: How many of you have always thought that RC10 stood for Remote Control 10? It actually stands for Roger Curtis, the guy who designed the RC10 😉
I never stopped to think about it but thats a cool little factoid!

For those who want the shelf queen/paper weight, it's...
good times vh1 GIF

selena s GIF

Thundercats GIF

On their way to pick one up....
flying jonny quest GIF
We grew up with similar Saturday mornings :)

Z...O...M...G... I have to have one of these to go with my original! Its also awesome they are re-releasing this because original RC10 owners will have a fresh influx of replacement parts!
actually if you go to associated website ... it says this kit is capable of being run ... but is designed to be a collectors item and not run ... and they will NOT have replacement clear parts available individually

actually if you go to associated website ... it says this kit is capable of being run ... but is designed to be a collectors item and not run ... and they will NOT have replacement clear parts available individually
That kinda sucks.

Me too!

I'd almost forgotten about the tri-wing wheel nuts... and having to bend that heavy wire for the wing.

I'm old but not that old.
I wanna drive a vintage Rc and see how it feels. The only thing vintage I seen / used is Brushed technology and FM radios.

That freakin figures. No reason to buy one now. If I want nostalgia w/ the fear of breaking it and not being able to fix it then Ill just use my gold pan lol

I don't know. Could be a cool car to hang on the wall, especially if a future collectible and limited production. We all wanted two RC10's anyway, one to keep the gold pan pristine and another to race around.

For them to release that and not go ahead and produce some extra parts, even if it were a "while supplies last" kind of production, seems pretty stupid.

Back