Smilinbri's 3rd Paint job-Senton 3s

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilinbri

"Honey, where's my RC credit card?"
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Trying to get some different color schemes since most of mine are green, blue and burgundy. 🤷‍♂️

Kept it pretty simple. Def need more practice on taping straight lines on the curved areas. Did a little better on the tint. Just one window had noticeable runs. 😁✌️
20230327_083645.jpg
20230327_083651.jpg
20230327_090950.jpg
20230327_091000.jpg
20230327_091010.jpg

Looks good as always! How do you make the paint more glossy? Maybe its because you use a little darker colors? I got bright blue silver and orange and its more matte than gloss.

But heres the thing. With a nice body like that I wouldn't run the car. Unless you got an extra "basher" body to not ruin it!.

I wonder if the arrma bodies are stronger than the traxxas ones? With my slash I always get cracks near the wheel wells and the back with all the curves and stuff. (I'm using the Traxxas 4x4 clear body)

Looks good as always! How do you make the paint more glossy? Maybe its because you use a little darker colors? I got bright blue silver and orange and its more matte than gloss.
Are you peeling the protective film off the body after you paint it? It's impossible to get a matte finish on an RC body, unless you leave the film on, or paint it on the outside.

That looks amazing. Love the color scheme.
Thanks bud! Appreciate that!! 👊

But heres the thing. With a nice body like that I wouldn't run the car. Unless you got an extra "basher" body to not ruin it!.

I wonder if the arrma bodies are stronger than the traxxas ones? With my slash I always get cracks near the wheel wells and the back with all the curves and stuff. (I'm using the Traxxas 4x4 clear body)
Thanks man!

Idk....just regular black paint. The purple is Metallic, so that makes a difference.
Screenshot_20230327_133056_Gallery.jpg

O I'll run it! 😆My SCTs are only used on my track, so no huge air time or anything. I do have the 2 stock shells for it also though, so they will all share track time.

They are about the same. My Senton and Traxxas Slash bodies typically crack in the same places. I've got the stock Slash 2wd body, a MD State Police body I made, the Fox racing one and also my new Skins one I recently painted. So they will also share track time except the cop one. With all the lights, it's stays on flat surfaces.:thumbs-up:😁

You need to setup an online track so we can run cars on your track through the web. They used to have online hunting sites where you could shoot bullets at live animals over the internet, so why not? 🤪

beautiful job!
Thanks!!!
Awesome color choices.
Thanks!!
You need to setup an online track so we can run cars on your track through the web. They used to have online hunting sites where you could shoot bullets at live animals over the internet, so why not? 🤪
Bwhahaha!!! That would be awesome. It does get lonely runnin' by myself. I can't wait to get it ready for runnin' and get the extension completed. I'll def have some vids posted this summer.

Are you peeling the protective film off the body after you paint it? It's impossible to get a matte finish on an RC body, unless you leave the film on, or paint it on the outside.
I sand or scrub a dobiepad inside the body before paint to give it a flat look.

@Smilinbri paint is looking great. Love the purple. Any pics of the police body? I'm doing a Dodge Dart 200mm touring car as FHP, and a 2020 Silverado 2500 as an undercover.

I sand or scrub a dobiepad inside the body before paint to give it a flat look.
Got any pics? That would dull the paint, but the body technically gives the paint a thick gloss layer, so the only way to achieve a true matte finish is to matte clear the exterior of the shell.

@Smilinbri paint is looking great. Love the purple. Any pics of the police body? I'm doing a Dodge Dart 200mm touring car as FHP, and a 2020 Silverado 2500 as an unundercover.
Thanks bud! Undercover one sounds cool. I mirrored mine off of the MD State police cruiser. Even printed the exact headlights, taillights, emblems and all from actual MD State Police pics on line and printed as stickers. Even made the windshield a picture of the inside of a MSP car, looking in. It was a blast to build!!
20220822_200227.jpg
20220822_200233.jpg
20220822_200310.jpg
20220822_200246.jpg
20220822_200240.jpg
20220822_200326.jpg
20220822_200334.jpg
20220822_200719_1.gif
VideoCapture_20220826-082438.jpg
20220822_203611_1.gif

Bwhahaha!!! That would be awesome. It does get lonely runnin' by myself. I can't wait to get it ready for runnin' and get the extension completed. I'll def have some vids posted this summer.
If I lived closer, you'd be running me off man 😜
Untitled163_20230327150655.png

Yes I am. Maybe it is a little glossy. Maybe its how I look at it. and lighting.
Thanks bud! Undercover one sounds cool. I mirrored mine off of the MD State police cruiser. Even printed the exact headlights, taillights, emblems and all from actual MD State Police pics on line and printed as stickers. Even made the windshield a picture of the inside of a MSP car, looking in. It was a blast to build!!
View attachment 162454View attachment 162455View attachment 162456View attachment 162457View attachment 162458View attachment 162459View attachment 162460View attachment 162461View attachment 162462View attachment 162463
Its the sound of the police whoop whoop! 🤣🤪

I wonder who's faster. Slash or the police Ford Taurus / explorer

Seeing the State trooper now, I wanna see a chase scene with dirt flyin and lights a fashin. Something reminiscent of Dukes of Hazzard 😉

That is just too cool man!

Love that paint scheme!!! 😍
Thanks bud!!!
Seeing the State trooper now, I wanna see a chase scene with dirt flyin and lights a fashin. Something reminiscent of Dukes of Hazzard 😉

That is just too cool man!
Funny you say that, my next shell I'm painting is the General Lee!!! Just gotta get an RC it'll fit on. 🙄🤦‍♂️😂🤷‍♂️😂 I want to eventually do the actual cop car from Dukes of Hazzard. :thumbs-up:
20230327_184335.jpg

Back