Dam it! Fun day today. :)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
Literally, we headed up to Pine Flat dam today so I could play with my crawlers. It's nice just below the dam on the kings river, cool breeze and the sound of the river were very relaxing. Even got Mrs. Doom to drive EL Diablo today.
PSX_20240519_152741.jpg

First we took the 1/10 scale element sendero hd and the element ecto out to play. LOVE the new Injora Swamp Claw tires and silicone Inserts. :)
PSX_20240519_153249.jpg

After playing for about an hour I gave Mrs. Doom a break and got out KONG, the SCX6 Honcho. What a beast. Very enjoyable to drive. Going to need a stronger servo sometime soon, but I knew that from reading reviews. Played for another hour, motor was a little warm when I was done but didn't have the temp gun with me. The outside temp was around 90° so not to surprising after a good run.
PSX_20240519_153505.jpg

PSX_20240519_153946.jpg

Literally, we headed up to Pine Flat dam today so I could play with my crawlers. It's nice just below the dam on the kings river, cool breeze and the sound of the river were very relaxing. Even got Mrs. Doom to drive EL Diablo today.
View attachment 190354
First we took the 1/10 scale element sendero hd and the element ecto out to play. LOVE the new Injora Swamp Claw tires and silicone Inserts. :)
View attachment 190350
After playing for about an hour I gave Mrs. Doom a break and got out KONG, the SCX6 Honcho. What a beast. Very enjoyable to drive. Going to need a stronger servo sometime soon, but I knew that from reading reviews. Played for another hour, motor was a little warm when I was done but didn't have the temp gun with me. The outside temp was around 90° so not to surprising after a good run.
View attachment 190351
View attachment 190353
Awesome man! So good to see you out enjoying some of your bigger toys. But I'm with Xray. That looks like Walleye territory there. Even if you don't eat em, they're a blast to catch in swift current. Hope you get to do some more of this before it turns into the outskirts of hell there again.

Got somemmuch deserved rock therapy in today bro
So happy you're wife is into it with you
Lucky man
That patina job you did is so good!!

Happy to hear you had a ton of fun today! But, I'm looking at that water and thinking I would be wishing hard for a rod and reel.
You can't tell from my pics but the place was filled with fisherman, there were at least 12 groups of them. Some of them grinned at us was we went by, some I could tell thought we were nuts. A few just straight up ignored us. One couple was actually really interested, asked a bunch of questions and asked if they could take a quick video.
Glad you had a great time @Doom! . Also glad to hear Mrs. Doom had fun with them also.
I'm hoping to get out soon.

I hope you get to soon. I'm not gonna lie, I'm feeling my age, both of us agreed it was rough today, we are soooo out of shape. Was still agood time. I'm just glad the SCX 6 didn't have any hiccups, not sure I would have been able to carry it all the way back to the car. :eek:
Awesome man! So good to see you out enjoying some of your bigger toys. But I'm with Xray. That looks like Walleye territory there. Even if you don't eat em, they're a blast to catch in swift current. Hope you get to do some more of this before it turns into the outskirts of hell there again.
Agreed, down by the water felt 10° cooler if you could get out of the sun.

Got somemmuch deserved rock therapy in today bro
So happy you're wife is into it with you
Lucky man
That patina job you did is so good!!
I really needed it.
I asked her if she wanted to drive one, and she said no, she doesn't get anything out of it like I do. So I grabbed the Ecto, and asked her again and she said ok, let me take the big one (the SCX6 Honcho). I said uh, nope. That one is fast and one false squeeze of the trigger and you'll be in the middle of the river. :eek:

I let her take out the Sendero HD, despite herself I cought her grinning a few times, she was going for it.
Right towards the end she said how come the Ecto was so much faster? I said shouldn't be, then I realized she lost the front wheel drive. Need to break it down and look inside the front dif. Now she's all like, I broke it, that's why I don't want to drive rc's. I tried to convince her it wasn't anything she did but...womens. 🤪

Last edited:
You can't tell from my pics but the place was filled with fisherman, there were at least 12 groups of them. Some of them grinned at us was we went by, some I could tell thought we were nuts. A few just straight up ignored us. One couple was actually really interested, asked a bunch of questions and asked if they could take a quick video.

I hope you get to soon. I'm not gonna lie, I'm feeling my age, both of us agreed it was rough today, we are soooo out of shape. Was still agood time. I'm just glad the SCX 6 didn't have any hiccups, not sure I would have been able to carry it all the way back to the car. :eek:

Agreed, down by the water felt 10° cooler if you could get out of the sun.

I really needed it.
I asked her if she wanted to drive one, and she said no, she doesn't get anything out of it like I do. So I grabbed the Ecto, and asked her again and she said ok, let me take the big one (the SCX6 Honcho). I said uh, nope. That one is fast and one false squeeze of the trigger and you'll be in the middle of the river. :eek:

I let her take out the Sendero HD, despite herself I cought her grinning a few times, she was going for it.
Right towards the end she said how come the Ecto was so much faster? I said shouldn't be, then I realized she lost the front wheel drive. Need to break it down and look inside the front dif. Now she's all like, I broke it, that's why I don't want to drive rc's. I tried to convince her it wasn't anything she did but...womens. 🤪
i LOVE wheni break something for some reason. I'm a sicko.
my wife is about to start walking for heath stuffs. maybe i can find one she likes and would drive lol

i LOVE wheni break something for some reason. I'm a sicko.
my wife is about to start walking for heath stuffs. maybe i can find one she likes and would drive lol

Mrs. Doom is breaking down a little at a time, but I don't want to push it. I'm just happy she doesn't complain that I like it. :thumbs-up: And yes, you are a sicko! 🤣