You guys are great. Thank you!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
As most of you have known, we've been doing a collection of donations for @alpinehyperlite to help him and his family during the Baton Rogue flooding which he and his family lost all their belonging as the insurance was only going to cover structure damage to the house. Everything else gone!

Several members sent me a message nearly right after the news making the suggestion of taking up a donation. The thought alone was amazing enough, I thought, but to see the number of people who did donate was even better. Members both new and old, going through their own rough times or not, donated a lot or a little.

This place has been my home away from home for a long time and I know there are some of you out there that feel the same way but it's things like this where the community comes together for a bigger cause is just amazing. Really amazing actually and for that I wanted to thank everyone that did donate, no matter the amount, as well as to say you guys really are great!

Together we was able to send alpinehyperlite's family a total of $765.00. As I told him in a PM, I know this won't replace everything or make it all better but I sure this will help even a little bit. If for nothing else made take the wife out for a nice evening out to get away from all the headaches I'm sure they are going through and will certainly have to go through dealing with getting life back in order.

In closing I just want to say the names of those who did donate and their amounts will remain private, at least on my side. If you guys wish to say weather or not you did donate here or in PM that's your choice. This way those that want to remain anonymous can do so.

Again thank you to everyone that did donate.

Guys (and ladies),

I'm not one to get sentimental and am pretty much known around here as the forum a-hole, but I cannot begin to express the feelings that I had when I opened that PM from Woodie this morning. It is amazing. On top of the flooding there have also been some other issues that we have been dealing with involving family members health, so I have been in a pretty dark place for the past month or so, and as I told Woodie this morning, this is the first genuine smile that I have had since all of this began. I want to thank each and every person on this forum who not only generously donated to help us out, but also to those who have kept us in your thoughts and prayers as that has just as much positive affect on us as money. Again. From the bottom of my heart, thank yall so much. It is a continuing struggle and there is still a long road ahead for us, but with the support of friends and family (including you all) we will get through this. I will continue to keep yall updated in my original thread as to the progress and let yall know where the money is going to help us rebuild. I've got a pretty good idea, but will let yall know once it's done.

-James

Helping out is what we do here, whether it's info on RC or cash during rough times. We'll always be there for family members even though you're the "uncle" we try not to talk about. :p
We wish you the best, James, and may you have a speedy recovery there. I'm looking forward to the day you move back in and I can say, "Welcome home, friend".

I say you take the wife out for a good time get hammered and chase eachother around naked

So it's been decided. After consulting with my buddy (and the wife) who owns an audio/video business we decided we are going to do an in ceiling surround sound setup. With the totally new interior on the house, I can't have the speakers hanging off the corners of the walls anymore. We are going with two pair of these:
http://www.alrmbrand.com/products/elura/elura-s6.5/
And their new in wall center channel behind the TV with a rack in the closet for all the electronics and a digital remote that can go through walls and whatnot. And he is hooking us up big time. With yalls gift, we are able to fully cover it all including installation and still have enough left over for what Smaxxin stated above once we get moved back in.

That's great. I once built speakers into the walls and ceilings of a friend's A-frame and the sound was like sitting in the middle of the orchestra.

That surround sound will come in very handy while setting the mood for the chase!

Back