yet another question about engines

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetlou069

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
ok so so far iv hade 3 diff kinds of engine, 1 .25 force, 3 .28 force, and 1 .28 big red .. my question in this is , is it normal that the .25 hase more resistance on the crank then the other .28 i hade n tryed b4 ??? the engines i use atm is the .25 and the .28 big red .. they both start up 1-3 pulls each , they bouth seem to be working the same way (obviosly the .28 is faster but i mean in general) .... thanks again guys..

Without knowing the exact dimensions of each engines sleeve and piston I would say its completely normal for different displacements to have differing clearances and pinch points. Even on brand new engines.

ok so so far iv hade 3 diff kinds of engine, 1 .25 force, 3 .28 force, and 1 .28 big red .. my question in this is , is it normal that the .25 hase more resistance on the crank then the other .28 i hade n tryed b4 ??? the engines i use atm is the .25 and the .28 big red .. they both start up 1-3 pulls each , they bouth seem to be working the same way (obviosly the .28 is faster but i mean in general) .... thanks again guys..
oh ok thats good to no then... me i just thought the bigger one would be harder to crank but its good i am wrong loll.. thanks

There's nothing to be worried about unless it is real lose, all engines have different levels of use, therefore meaning that they will have different levels of wearing- meaning some will have more resistance than others. If your still worried just give the engines bearing a clean.

Back