Yes! World Cup Is Over!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey Wrench

My last words will likely be, Crap that didn't wo
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
No offense to true soccer fans in general or World Cup fans inparticular, but I am so glad the World Cup is over! I caught this editorial in todays edition of the "USA Today" and felt it summed up my personal viewpoints dead-on:

Bring on the NFL

The World Cup thankfully ended with Italy winning the penalty-kick playoff over France. After a month of watching mid-field boredom, dives, fake injuries and a sport that relies on foot-eye coordination — with a few headers every now and then — I say, good riddance.

Years ago, somebody picked up a soccer ball and ran with it. Another person tackled him. That action eventually evolved into NFL football.

Americans took a boring sport and literally ran with it. Enough of soccer. American football camps are ready to open, and I can't wait!

Ed Zak, New Smyrna Beach, Fla

Are you ready for some football?

Don't know about you but I dig soccer. Requires endurance and quick thinking. I do love football as well. BTW, I coach soccer for AYSO so I love watching it.

But Bring on the Monday night football!!!!

I'm sorry football season is WAY to short and baseball season is WAAAYYYY to long.

I'm so ready for some football!!!

-Michael

Umm No hockey fans here? Damn you guys need to get into that. Watched a few games live and it is intense. Just don't watch it behind a goal . Better on the side.

jon2 said:
Don't know about you but I dig soccer. Requires endurance and quick thinking. I do love football as well. BTW, I coach soccer for AYSO so I love watching it.

But Bring on the Monday night football!!!!

Jon..I also get a KICK out of soccer.(oops, had to say it ) My grandson is gonna start doing it in the coming year. But so ready for some football. Those Vikings may have a shot this year.

Ya right...Been a fan all my life, but they can't find there way out of a paper bag if you hold it open for them.

jon2 said:
Umm No hockey fans here? Damn you guys need to get into that. Watched a few games live and it is intense. Just don't watch it behind a goal . Better on the side.

Oh yeah! Big hockey fan! Both my son and I play, so we enjoy watching it whenever we can. Closest NHL team are the Columbus Bluejackets, so we don't get up there much. Locally, the Cincinnati Cyclones are coming back after two years of non-play, so we're pretty stoked about that!

I don't understand why some folks are bashing OLN for their coverage of the Stanley Cup, though. I thought the games were exciting as heck and their announcers were much better, IMO, than NBC's! Just sucks for a lot of CATV customers who cannot get OLN. An even better reason to get satellite!

You bet. It will be nice to get the football season underway. I used to look forward to MNF. Now I'm not so sure. Hopefully ESPN does a good job with it. RIP ABC MNF. :(

I watch it all. Except basketball. Can't stand the NBA. College baskball only gets my interest during March Madness.

jon2 said:
GO PENGUINS!!! Actually they lost Mario Lemiux and Jagr so they suck.

GO STEELERSSSS!!!!! <-- yeah, thats what I'm talking about... :thefinger

Aww hell here we go with the "Go 'insert team here'" posts. Ohh well I'll join in, just like I do every year... Go Colts!

-Michael

WoodiE said:
I'm sorry football season is WAY to short and baseball season is WAAAYYYY to long.

I'm so ready for some football!!!

-Michael

AMEN BROTHER!

Can't wait for football.

Almost forgot GO Packers, Colts, Giants, Dallas!!!!!!

What do you mean bring on teh football.... there was a whole month of football in the world cup :shrug:

GO BUFFALO!!!

Wait, never mind.

Hey Monkey! Didn't know you were a BlueJackets fan. The minor league team in my city feeds their players to Columbus. The Syracuse Crunch. My bro has had season tix for the last 5 seasons so I've seen alot of guys in the NHL play their minor league stuff here. I'm usually a huge puck fan. But I admit, the lockout got me. After not watching any that season, I had no interest in it this past season. Hopefully next year.

I'm with ya! I can't stand soccer. I was in Europe during World Cup, what a pain in the ass. I think we were in Paris and the waiter said something like the US is playing next are you going to stay and watch, myself and the other guy I was with both looked at him and said we could give two shits less then asked if it was actually a sport or class in semi-athletic dramatics. Though I should say much, cause I'm no fan of football, baseball basketball or hockey either. Bunch of frickin spoiled whiners. That's why I like racing and fighting so much, want more money? STEP UP YOUR GAME! Either drive faster or train harder, don't cry about being underpaid when there's a million other people in line to take your job!

Back