Yes there are still good people in this world.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Great Engine for a great price from a member on RCNT. I failed to realize that the pilot shaft was cut and It wouldn't fit my needs. After researching my options I found that I would need to replace the crankshaft at the cost of 60.00 or so. Not wanting to slap the cash down, I started searching for a better price.

I ran across an add on Fee-Bay for a modified shaft and contacted the seller to see if he had one for my engine explaining why I needed a new shaft. Instead of trying sell me a shaft he informed me there was an adaptor to replace the pilot shaft. He wasn't sure who made it but there was one out there. After calling the engine manufacturer they said the part existed but didn't know who made it, and after contacting several other manufacturers I came up empty. I also need to say, I googled and had others trying to find one as well. We all came up empty.

This morning, I looked in my e-mail and there was a message from the person I contacted from fee-bay. It was a simple message:
I have a used one, send me your address and Ill mail it.

He never asked me to send any money for the part or for shipping. This coming from a complete stranger. Its times like this that I get a restored positive outlook on the people in this world and in the people that we share the RC hobby with.

I have no idea of the quality of his work but if its anything like the quality of his audited to strangers, its got to be second to none!

Here is a link to his e-bay listings.
http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...rom=R41&query=JUISKI&category0=&Submit=Search

good deal....there are a few good ones left in this world hopefully we can consider ourselfs some of them!!

That's a nice story to hear. I know there are a few guys on RCNT who would give the shirts off their back if needed.

Man now that is sweet. Eddy what exactlly is the part,I gooberd a shaft on my dad's xxx-nt. I'm curious if something like that is makeable.

Good stuff, Ed. Glad you found a solution! Good to hear there are still decent folks out there!

wow, on EBAY?

thats outstanding!! ..i have put him on my favorite sellers list

When it comes to the Airfield, I dont think I ever ran across a butthead. Everyone seems to be VERY helpful and nice. When I first got into flying and went to the local airfield, everyone was very happy to see a newbie to the hobby. Seems to be alot of nice people in this hobby. Great to see.

That's great Ed.

Can I stop looking for the flippin' part now?

does anyone know anything about modded crank shafts?

This is a great hobby.

Most people will help you anyway they can.

This is what it is all about...As this guy did this for Eddy...Eddy did for me....As I have done for others..As others have done for other people..It keeps on going...Is it Trust or is it karma?
the Rc community is just one big family..Excluding a few bad seeds that want to take advantage of people that are willing to help them out.
Thoese people know who they are!

Last edited:
greenwing7 said:
does anyone know anything about modded crank shafts?

Contact him, I'm sure he knows a lot more then we do.
Hes quick about responding.

Everyone seems to be VERY helpful and nice. When I first got into flying and went to the local airfield, everyone was very happy to see a newbie to the hobby.

Man, I wish that'd have been my experience. When I first went to the airfield for lessons, one of the instructors there absolutely flipped out yelling at another newbie like me for walking towards the runway to catch a runaway plane when someone was on approach. Yes, I understand the need to caution newbie's and this new guy didn't realize one was on the way in for a landing, but the way this club member/instructor went off on this guy was too much. I don't think I saw him again and even after I was signed off to fly on my own, I eventually just hung my plane up in the basement and let my membership lapse because anytime I was out there and he was there, he was just such a jerk.

I'd love to get back in the air someday, but not with that guy around.

Monkey Wrench said:

Bro, I feel the same way about the local racing scene. If you change out planes for cars, you've got it nailed.

Monkey Wrench said:
Don't let one guy stop you bro!

A few asses at my field too. Ya always got one or 2. Just stay away from em.

Had one guy piss me off at our field. (Long story.) Haven't been in the club for 2 years now. I didn't go off on him, but he knows he did me wrong.
Going to try to fly next year. I'll be civil to him, but I'm not going to take any crap from anyone out there. I can fly on their field or take my toys somewhere else.

It's a way of relaxing. Don't let one guy screw it up for you.

I had a similiar experience once. Back when I was on hpiforums, my carb on my 15FE in my HPI Rush broke, so I briefly mentioned it in a post, and a member offered to send me a spare used carb of his for free. No shipping, no nothing.
I have always appreciated his generosity, and always will.

FastEddy said:
Contact him, I'm sure he knows a lot more then we do.
Hes quick about responding.
yep I am intrested in general in trying this when I doa P/S replacement plus this guy lives less than an hour away from me, Peoria IL if that helps anyone

Back