Yeah buddy!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
Took my kit to the local indoor dirt track today for the first time! So much fun and really gave me an appreciation for how tough quality kits are. Flipped end over end several times before getting comfortable with the track and my own skills, engine and car took it all in stride. Went through 4 tanks before I ran out of gas and had to leave. Track conditions were kinda wet clay (pretty slippery)and so I never touched full throttle but on the long bend I got close. Car drives really good, supper happy right now!

My local indoor track is like that every time I run there. Buy you some Proline Hole Shots before you go back. You will be able to really open it up with those tires. Best gripping clay tire I have found.

Last edited:
Here's a pic of the track. Would say its a smallish medium size track. image.jpg

I'll see if my LHS has those tires cause grip was definitely a bit of an issue, was power sliding through the sweepers at maybe 3/4 throttle.

That looks like about the same size track as what I have. My track is only about a mile from my house, so on cold rainy days it's great to have.
Hobby raceway.jpg

Associated RC 8.2 .21 engine. Futaba radio system and Savox servos. Still have a grin on my face

Nice rig brother! I love the RC 8.2. Never owned one but some of the guys at the track have them.

image.jpg

Thanks man. Truth be told, I got it over a year ago, put it together and got everything set up. Then it sat on a shelf till a couple weeks ago. So glad I didn't sell it!!!!

Thanks man. Truth be told, I got it over a year ago, put it together and got everything set up. Then it sat on a shelf till a couple weeks ago. So glad I didn't sell it!!!!

That's a expensive rig to let ride the shelf. :). There all expensive but that particular rig will cost you around $550-700 to get up and running.

Cost a bit more than that when I got it, totally happy with it though

I don't have a local track, my closest one is 2 Hours away ):

Yep, that are muddy, full of BMX'ers wanting a go, with a river right behind that has no fence :p
But I bet you've taken your kit there. :rolleyes: That's a bummer though, not to have a rc track near by. We make due though. I would seriously make my own right in my back yard if I didn't have other options. :D

But I bet you've taken your kit there. :rolleyes: That's a bummer though, not to have a rc track near by. We make due though. I would seriously make my own right in my back yard if I didn't have other options. :D
I have, and nearly shredded the pinion gear and flywheel by a stone being mm away from where they meet!

Its a dangerous world out there for unsuspecting pinion gears and flywheels. :hehe:

i refuse to be restrained to pattern driving. although the tracks are a lot of fun i have been spoiled here in Florida by the availability of natural resources like warm weather and the beaches, not to mention if you have never driven on an under construction Golf course you don't know what you're missing. glad to here you guys are enjoying yourselves oit there and thanks for your help with my own kit :)

Back