Ya think the Dynamite CVD's can handle the power....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

30%NitroBoy

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
of A MOd'd Picco .26?? My buddy runs a Mod'd Picco .26 with Titanium UE Cvd's. WIth about a gallon through the engine he hasn't had any problems so far with UE Ti's with high gearing but they cost an arse load @ $120 a pair. In Mod'd form I wouldn't be suprised if the Picco/Wasp .26 was putting out a 3 solid HP. The MIP Cvd's are nice but $20 more a pair then the Dynamites and I've already dropped a ton of money on Maxx's, I also like the boot desing of the Dynamites. My buddies running the Dynamites are very happy but none are putting that much power though them.

So, Do you guys running serious power think I'm gonna be snapping Dynamites CVD's with this much power?

i got the Dynamite CVD's for my front wheel dirve sportmaxx with a OS .15 CV-X.. havent got a chance to run them, waiting for the weather to warm up so i can break the engine in. arnt these the same CVD's that they include with there .21 conversion kit? i think so.

later

Originally posted by Maxx Trooper
i got the Dynamite CVD's for my front wheel dirve sportmaxx with a OS .15 CV-X.. havent got a chance to run them, waiting for the weather to warm up so i can break the engine in. arnt these the same CVD's that they include with there .21 conversion kit? i think so.

later

Yeah, They're identical to the CVD's they sell with their Conversion kits with or without engine. I really do like the Boot design they use on their CVD's compared to the MIP's.They can handle the power of the Mach .26 that comes with some of their kits from what I've seen but the Mach .26 isn't an agressively ported engine like the Picco .26 and pales in power comparison with what I'll be running (especially on the low end).

u can buy those boots.. i seen them some wheres for sale.. maby www.hobbypeople.net can't remember. but i think they were made by Dynamite, and they has all different colors.

later

Check out THESE RD Logics at the bottom of the page I've heard very good things about them and am considering buying some myself and these also have the CV boots on them

I'm currently beating the snot out of my Dynamite CVD's with my
.21 Tmaxx... I'm only running a Hyper 8 port, but the dynamites dont show any signs of wear...

Hey NitroBoy!!
Long time no talk! Well, after a few months of building, I wound up having to go with MIP's. I have done alot of research about CVd's. I would have gone with RD logics, but you get what you pay for. Then again I have heard nightmares about RD Logics CVD's. I was gonna go with dynamites also, until I was on the UE website and they said that MIP's were the only that were compatible with the UE differentials, other than his own. Since he (UE) does'nt have any in stock I had to go with the MIP's. NOw when he does get his in stock I will definatley have to pick up a set. I have heard of people going through like 7-8 gallons before even tearing them down, to just look at them. Anyway, whatever you pick, I wish you the best. Presently waiting on my strobe slipper, so I can 1/8 clutch bells with the UE 4 shoe clutch. Talk about power!! Can't wait for the new .28 RB Concepts engine to come out. Until then happy trails. Ciao!

Woody:iris:

hey 30%!!!
hows it goin?? I'm not sure if you do but do you remeber james from bbts?? he had the dynamite conversion(w/o motor) and he put in the sirio .27 with a claimed power output of 3.1hp, thats close to what your talking about. he used the dyn cvds that came with the conversion and they only lasted a 1/2 a gallon.:mad: we think the reason was his truck was set up for crawling so it put insane twisting on those cvds and they just gave out. now if you dont gear for insane low end and your not going to get up against a rock and then nail the throttle, you should be ok they are pretty stout. :sheep:

I run the RD Logics with a 21 engine that puts out 2.5hp. I'm at about 1.5 gallons and there is absolutly no wear on them.

I friend of mine runs the dynamites on his maxx, but his engine cranks out 1.8hp. He has broken a cross pin in them, but the repair kit was pretty cheap.

Thanks for the input guys....

Woody - Good to read ya bro, I might wait for the RB .28 to come out myself as if they're making it, it's probably gonna kick some serious ass. If not that engine then a heavily mod'd Picco .26 in my new maxx big bore beast. Enjoy Japan.

Bigboys - Yeah I remeber him, he said that SIrio .27 is just sick fast which doesn't suprise me. I rember him commenting like one of my buds that his truck is "hard to control" @ top speed.

I think I'm just gonna end up getting the dang Mip "Shiny" CVD's cause I might end up with UE diffs down the road and only the UE CVD's and MIPs will fit them.

Gratsi

its not hard to control hes just a crappy driver!! lol his truck was setup really bad!! he figured fast engine = fast truck. well you gotta know how to setup your truck as well and he had no idea what he was doing

Back