xxxnt or the gt

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadey26 ntc3

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I sold my gt truck last month because this guy made me a offer I can't refuse. I loved the truck and thought it was great, Today I just brought home a new xxxnt, A guy traded me labor and some parts for it. no cash out of my pockect so i was like great, a new truck for 15 min of my time. so my question is how many people like it ? Should I sell it and get a new gt? All of my other cars are accosiated. What would you guys do? thanks :cheers:

Personally, I prefer the GT. The key difference between the GT and the XXXNT is the GT tends to push, whereas the NT tends to be loose. The GT also has a much simpler chassis layout, compared to the NT.

Both have a ton of hopups availlable from 3rd party manufactuers, are both very strong, and handle great.

Also, the GT hasn't had many revisions, versus the NT's countless editions. The GT is still a competitive platform.

Overall, not a bad deal for an NT. Sounds like you scored.

Good , like the info, I think I was trying to be loyal to one company, I allways get like that. I am not trying to be lazy but I heard there is some kind of diffrent setup on the tranny? It came brand new in the box no instruction. I will have to order them later.

the XXXNT is a great truck you will be happy with it. i like the RC10GT more it seems to have more upgrades and is a very durable truck. Plus ask your self this Why does Team Losi come out with a new XXX-NT every other week while the RC10GT has changed little in years yet is is always on the podeum.

Man I keep changing my mind, I think I want anothor gt, this may lead to the for sale for. lol, That is true why keep changing it.? It cool I drove it. not at the track just got it.

Definately give it a shot on the track before you consider buying another GT. The one thing I've noticed is the front end tends to be more fragile (especially if running graphite arms) than the GT.

As for the trans, the only real difference is the thrust washer/cone washer thing. Personally, I wish Losi would have stuck a $@#$%@ spring in the diff instead of cone-shaped washers. That's where AE's trans' design is king (in my opinion).

I hear ya on the loyalty thing. I too have all AE's where applicable (T3, B3, GT.. All factory Team editions), as well as the Maxx and the Mugen.

If only AE made a 4wd 1/10th buggy. I'd be all over that in a flash!

HeartBreak said:
Definately give it a shot on the track before you consider buying another GT. The one thing I've noticed is the front end tends to be more fragile (especially if running graphite arms) than the GT.

As for the trans, the only real difference is the thrust washer/cone washer thing. Personally, I wish Losi would have stuck a $@#$%@ spring in the diff instead of cone-shaped washers. That's where AE's trans' design is king (in my opinion).

I hear ya on the loyalty thing. I too have all AE's where applicable (T3, B3, GT.. All factory Team editions), as well as the Maxx and the Mugen.

If only AE made a 4wd 1/10th buggy. I'd be all over that in a flash!

Yea I am gonna keep it. It was practly free. I'll post pictures of it. I'll run this for awhile, If I ever run up on a gt for a good price then I'll snag one. Better to have two then one, lol, only if ae made a 1/8 buggie. I got my eye out for a monster truck next year some time. lol - thanks for the info guys. Do anyone know of any good setup for this truck, I searched but did not see anything, hints or tip will be great. thanks all, desmon

i would keep, they are great cars and theres a reason why they continue to make revisions......duh....its becuz they are trying to make it the best, lol...jk(joke). I would at least give it a try at the track and if u dont like it, then go ahead and get the gt

The Losi is a great truck. the main upgrades you will want to get would be aluminum front and rear pivot blocks. If you have graphite Drake 1 parts, you an change them to the older version xxx-NT plastic parts for half the price of graphite and they will flex rather than break. The only other big problem I have seen with them is the rear shock towers break at the shock mounting point. You can beef it up with a thin piece of steel or aluminum cut to the shape of the top of the tower that connects to both sides of the tower. If you decide you want to race it and later down the road you can upgrade the rear arms, axles and carriers to the Drake 2 quick change wheel hub system.

^^^^^^^ thanks big man for the info.