xxxnt gears strippin to much. Why?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokinFast

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
alright i have literally replaced my monster diff gear in my xxxnt 3 times in 2 days and the brake hub once already. i have no idea what it is. the diff screw is tight enough, and the slipper clutch is good also. not enough bite to strip a gear but enough to be reliable for good acceleration. I'm stumped, and the guys at the track are stumped. the only advice i could get was to maybe change the trany case and see if that works, you know to see if the case was a little loose or wasn't mated nice and snug.

help me out, thanks

If you are 100% certain that the diff nut is tight enough then yeah, replace the bearrings and tranny case.

However, I would try tightening it almost to the point, if not to the point, of the diff locking. Thats what I did with mine.

I've done that already. I've had that thing at almost full lock, in fact that was the first one that went. i mean the first time i stripped it, the screw was as tight as your saying. so thats not an option. and the bearings also? mine dont look so bad, they rotate on a screwdriver just fine. in other words just try the case and see if that works right? if thats all than thanks, if theres anymore advice thatd be nice.

Well if you are replacing the case I would just take a shot at the bearring while you are at it.

You just never know!

I used RRP's monstor diff gear. Havn't had a problem since. It's been probably 5 gallons with an OS 15 cv-r(x).

What engine and gearing are you running? Are you changeing the composite gear as well? I kept stripping the monster and the gear inbetween the spur shaft and the moster gear.

Like i said though, RRP's makes a world of difference. I also went with losi's carbide diff balls. Made it extra smooth.

Same thing here......the carbide balls are a must and also the robinson aluminum diff gear......havn't strip another since...

Saggy

well alright this is what i did. i ended up just taking the diff gear apart and putting it back together again. my lhs didnt have the losi carbide balls, so i bought the AE carbide balls. its the same thing so.... i got em. i also put in an order for the RRP machined gear, so when i get it ill just take off that plastic one and put on that nice tuff machined gear on. but by the way i dont know what i did, but once i rebuilt the one i have i havent stripped anymore gears. and that was about a week ago so.....
thanks for your help guys

Back