XXX-NT RTR is kicking my @## please help me

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

x_789

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok boys here is the deal I dove into Nitro today and bought me a xxx-nt rtr with the JR xr2 radio its a sweet radio and the truck is nicly built the only issue is I can't GET IT TO RUN. I first got it out of the box I did what the maunual said checked diff so fourth started it up with glo ignighter and it ran for sec then died hmm this went on about 5 more times minute I took of the glow ign. it died ... So after about 5 or times I took it to lhs forgot to mention there is one 4 minutes from new house and he sold me truck for internet price. Got truck gallon of 20 monster fuel and rechargable glo ignighter for 380.00 . This will be a good deal if the @#$@#$@ will ever run.. Anyway me and the dude there screw with this thing for atleast hour and a half NO LUCK will not start reset carb settings to manufacture setting in manual for break in.. This Biacth is dumping full out the tail pipe???? Anyway another dude comes in here trys no luck 2nd guy no luck 3rd guy gets it running while I'm out side buy leaning out the carb cause it was to rich.. OK so I take it home and break in like hte guy that got it running told me.. Run for a 2 minutes then let it cool off I put in front of a fan so it cooled about 5 to 10 minutes each time so I did this first to tanks.. started on the 2nd or 3rd tug each time 3rd tank I turned in hs needle on click one hour on clock and ran up and down street no more than half throtle did this thru 5th tank after 4 and 5 one click on hs needle now I start to open it up a bit and it dies everytime I go full throttle or if I gun it just blub dead so I got adjusted the nh ls and idel nothing helped now the biatch will not even idel it turns over and runs 2 seconds dead. I NEED HELP I need someone with the factory engine in these things to tell me the setting you have your carb set to boys I am counting on you because as of this moment this nitro truck owns my A$$. Its nitro truck=1 X=0 please help me guys...I am at your mearcy convet this electrick man or forever hold your peace...X

Bump where is my help at >????

I dont have an xxxnt but if you can tell me what engine is in it Ill try and help you out:classic:

Mach .15 which is an offbrand engine that TL uses it also sales as a Dynamite Mach .15 on horizon hobbys site seeing as how they own TL. Half way down this page Thanks in advance man...X

i have a xxx-nt and have had no problems with it. needle settings are: HS = 1-3/4 from closed, LS = stock. this truck has run great since i've bought it. if fuel is pouring out exhaust, then that baby is too rich. sorry to hear your problems X. i hope you get it running.

Originally posted by rcwoodtek99
i have a xxx-nt and have had no problems with it. needle settings are: HS = 1-3/4 from closed, LS = stock. this truck has run great since i've bought it. if fuel is pouring out exhaust, then that baby is too rich. sorry to hear your problems X. i hope you get it running.
So you are running 1 3/4 hs and 2 on ls I am assuming ? what about idle screw? Thanks so much X

It looks like you have the settings you needed if you still have trouble keeping it running try putting in a new glow plug. One last thing your airfilter is clean right???

2 suggestions

1. Get a 'one way' valve and install it on your backpressure line. This is the one that is running to your exhaust. This will prevent the backflow of fuel.

If problem STILL persists follow #2

2. Tap youself a pressure fitting into the lid. This is a tedious process, but if done right, helps you run MUCH better than you are. Here is a pic so you can see how I capped the old backpressure spot and tapped a new one:

Pic 1

Pic 2

The ONLY complaint I have ever had about this truck is the tank. It SUCKS! If I could only find an aluminum lid then my life would be complete.....

Hope this helps........

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
2 suggestions

1. Get a 'one way' valve and install it on your backpressure line. This is the one that is running to your exhaust. This will prevent the backflow of fuel.

If problem STILL persists follow #2

2. Tap youself a pressure fitting into the lid. This is a tedious process, but if done right, helps you run MUCH better than you are. Here is a pic so you can see how I capped the old backpressure spot and tapped a new one:

Pic 1

Pic 2

The ONLY complaint I have ever had about this truck is the tank. It SUCKS! If I could only find an aluminum lid then my life would be complete.....

Hope this helps........

Dude thanks man I went to the local track today and got some help from the nitro boys there we actually got this thing running really well one thing we did was add a longer presure hose and make a loop in it seemed to help. I think that is where most of the darn gas was coming from that was pouring out the pipe. The only thing is with my truck and a couple other guys running these mach 15 nitro motors they have a tendancy to flood after killing them this is with motor tunned great running at 220-230 after a full tank racing.. I mean I had some expert motor guys helping me today cause I could not even make it run and they had me racing today which that is a new thread in itself. Anyway if you got a Mach 15 Christian please tell me if you have issue with excess full after cutting off motor regausledd of how I stop motor hold inlet line plug exahust or stop flywheel same thing have to pull glow plug get out excess full then restat...X

alsmot forgot can you post alink to one of these one way valves bro? Thanks in advance...X

The one-way-valve only helps the situation. I assure you that even 'team-losi' is aware that their tank setup sucks. They have 'privately' published this via email to some individuals (not myself) but once I read it, this is when my life got a whole lot better!

The back pressure inlet on the tank runs too deep and is what causes the fuel to run back. Its normal for this to happen. Thus, everyone else mounts their backpressure fittings on the top of the tank and do not run through to the bottom. Losi, for whatever reason, though that this new idea would be better. Well, it wasn't. The end result has been a bunch of modified tank lids. And yes, this will help prevent the flooding you are talking about as well as the huge amount of wasted fuel ending up in your exhaust.

I will see if I can find a link for the one way. I bought it at HobbyTown USA. It was in their plane parts section. Cheap too.

I can't believe none of those guys recommended changing the backpressure point to be on the lid. Its been a very common problem.

Ill dig for ya'

The gas cap mod is a must….
If needed Chris or I can send more detailed photos and tips on how to do it.

The mod will help with flooding as well as keeping fuel in your tank.
Nothing SUCKS more than running out of gas during a race. Sometimes that last drop is needed.

So is it the fuel in the exhaust that is flooding the motor? I assume you guys are not running the Mach 15 which all the guys at the track were perpelexd as to why myself and two other guys running these trucks all had issues with our motors flooding after killing it... Thanks X Also anymore pics are welcomed.

Ok I just installed the 90* barb on my cap and it works good. I just ran for a few minutes and I had to richen up motor some becuase I think I had so much fuel in exahust it was getting fuel fromthe back pressure. That is why I had to lean it out so far from the recommned settings for break in . Anyway only a couple drops in my presure line which is a new site to me and I didn't seem to have the issue with hydro lock. I think I am gonna have to tottaly retune it now that its not getting fuel from the exaust side :) Thanks a million times over for this info guys. It has helped me and it will help at least 3 toehr guys at the track I know.. X

Glad to be of help to ya'

Just dont tell the guy you COMPETE against hehehehe.....

one thing you might want to look at is the flywheel pins backing out into the crank bearing, this happend to me and can cause engine failure.

Originally posted by tmaxxster4375
one thing you might want to look at is the flywheel pins backing out into the crank bearing, this happend to me and can cause engine failure.

Thanks man I was informed of that yesterday at the track.

have any of u seen the new cap for the fuel cap? u might wanna try to get 1 . i just got a new xxx-nt an it has that hose already set up like u guys are saying.

nitro-noob said:
have any of u seen the new cap for the fuel cap? u might wanna try to get 1 . i just got a new xxx-nt an it has that hose already set up like u guys are saying.

I don't know if you noticed, but the last somebody posted on this thread before you was almost 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back