XXL is officially discontinued

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sur3fir3

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
You heard it.. had confirmation from horizon hobby. its a sad time for RC :-( hope theres a replacement coming. :)

So I can cross that one off the list of other MTs I was considering.....son of a bi**h..

Man, that's rough...

Sent from my *PiMP Boy-3000*

What about the lst2? I never saw the need for the XXL. I guess it was just to compete with the Savage XL. Unlike the savage, the LST didnt have any handling problems. I dont see any advantage to extending it.

they told me that parts support will be around for at least another year or so.. but i couldn't get anything out of them about a replacement line or not.

Yup I just hit ebay and dropped too much on parts but its worth it.. gotta make sure i can run this thing for years to come.

That sucks man
Least it gives you a bit of time to stockpile parts I guess

I wouldnt worry too much. There are enough of them out there to keep the aftermarket spitting out parts for a while. Its just the odd ones we need to worry about. I'm thinking tranny and 2 spd parts.

I just bought a bunch of stuff from dollar hobbyz. A arms, fuel tank, RX battery, shock towers, spare tranny, complete 2 speed setup with slipper, air filter, screw set and bumpers.

Sent from my XT907

I bought most of the stuff i dont have duplicates of, next on my list is a spare FOC kit, as I have 4 trannies that are FOC, and just need a spare kit. I am also stocking up on bevel tranny gears, and diff gears. I did pick up 2 xxl chassis with all plates and side rails for $20 a piece, a few center cvds for the xxl and 1 spare for an lst2. Also got some slipper parts. and a set of front and rear cvds. Can anyone think of any other parts that would be good to pick up now, that they might not have later on?

It's discontinued!!! That's sucks, I'll truly will miss the LST monster truck line.
But I would get some shock assemblies and diff cases, maybe a complete clutch too.

I have tons of parts now. I could total the whole thing 3-4 times and still have leftovers. My plan is to have 2 LST2s one muggified the other stock suspension. going to probably move my rx8 and 1550 t8 to the normal lst2 and get another rx8 t8 combo for running 4s in the truggy class. Only thing left for me to get are more center cvds as I only have 4 for the lst2 and 4 for the xxl chassis I have.

Dude that blows but I can't say I didnt see it coming. aftermarket aluminum parts support has mostly dried up over the last year or so...what i dont understand is WHY?! the LST2/XXL is the best damn monster truck out there (not that the savvy isnt without its due). I feel like the reason that it hasnt been selling enough is because its treated as an after thought by Losi compared to the time and resources they put into their 8ight and 5ive lines.

so in other words; dont buy one if i dont have one?

The kit is great but without after market hop ups there are a few weak points that you would end up replacing a lot if you bash it hard. Plus while I'm sure that OEM part support will be around for awhile who knows how long...1 year? 3? Its to much of a crap shoot at this point. Id probably look into a Savage now a days

Probably about right. Don't buy a Yugo, either.

HAHAHAHA where ya find one of those. werent they all chopped up in the late 80's to make the modern day jap cars?

I actually would like to buy one. What should I pay for one new? Thanks

Hopefully they come out with another monster truck. My LST XXL is my favorite mt

Back