Xtm XF2

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Btinn

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Rookie here, just acquired a used X factor. I put a new big red .28 motor on it. So during the second tank of the break in I am now experiencing that when I pull the throttle the engine is revving but not putting power to the ground. What's going on? During the first tank I could tell it was going to have awesome power. Just pulling the throttle a little was making it want to jump off the ground. If I pick it up the tires spin, but as soon as I put it on the ground it doesn't want to move. Help

Factory setting on carb are extremely rich settings for break in purposes. Being too rich will cause bogging and power loss also tons of smoke and no moving. Try leaning the hsn just a little in order to get it moving but you want it rich all thru break in. Do not try goosing it just out of curiosity or raising the front end. Follow the thread woodie just posted recently on how to break in your new rc engine. And dont say we didnt warn you if you dont.

---------- Post added at 8:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:40 AM ----------

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103733

Understood on the break in procedures. I am following them from the factory paperwork. I will try to lean it out just a little. Thanks for the info

So I tried leaning just a little...no change. Could it possibly be something to do with the clutch? It will move itself on flat ground just a little but under any strain it stops.

Slipper clutch could be too loose. Check that first then check for any binding in driveline. Does it push freely across ground or feel like somethings hung up or binding?

Tightened up the slipper clutch nut. It helped a little but something is still off. New problem now. When I tried to start it something felt wrong pulling on the rope. I took off the backplate and found a 5/16" long rod laying inside the motor. I don't know what or where it came from. I'm gonna contact the company today

Yeah that is not good. Sounds like it may be your rod pin. As far as the slipper clutch goes. If its worn out it will slip no matter how much you tighten it on some rigs. So you may just need new slipper fibers. Along with possibly a new engine now. Good luck with the company that made it. Maybe they will get you up and running again soon.

Back