XTM X-Factor up grading servos do i need ESC ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heath

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello to all you legends!! just a bit stuck at the moment thinking about upgrading my servos in the nitro truck do I just run a good battery pack to my receiver for 2 servos may include third servo later, correct me if I'm wrong ESC I had in mind that might be if you have a electric motor. Not just if ya have servos. I'm sure if no motor is connected it won't work the ESC?

You're thinking of the "BEC", which is the part of an ESC that powers the servos. It stands for "battery eliminator circuit" from back when electrics used to carry separate batteries for the motor and receiver. A nitro carries a battery that powers the servos and receivers directly, so you don't need an ESC. The throttle servo is the equivalent part on a nitro.

You could upgrade to "high voltage" servos which run on 2S lipo power, for which you'd also need new batteries and a receiver that can take it.

You're thinking of the "BEC", which is the part of an ESC that powers the servos. It stands for "battery eliminator circuit" from back when electrics used to carry separate batteries for the motor and receiver. A nitro carries a battery that powers the servos and receivers directly, so you don't need an ESC. The throttle servo is the equivalent part on a nitro.

You could upgrade to "high voltage" servos which run on 2S lipo power, for which you'd also need new batteries and a receiver that can take it.

Thanks mate much appreciated for ya help will do that sounds like a great upgrade 👌😊

Back