XTM Mammoth-st to m/t truggy swap

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsbuickman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hiya guys, a few months ago I picked up this really clean xtm Mammoth st truggy. she's in a real nice shape and purrs like a kitten but lately I've been pondering the possibility of swapping out the plastic tub chassis for this real purdy 3mm blue aluminum mammoth m/t chassis and running it as a truggy instead. I was wondering if anyone here has done the same or knows whether or not if it's a plug-and-play chassis swap or not ?. Thanks

IMG_20161014_171933.jpg
DSCN3811.JPG
IMG_20161019_171615.jpg

@gsbuickman I haven't see a conversion but it's certainly worth a try. Both chassis' look pretty clean.

I haven't seen a conversion either, but the alum. chassis looks slick and I'm sure it's way tougher! I'd prob break out the caliper and take some measurements on the major components, compare and if they look close, the rest will likely line up or be close enough that the trimming to fit won't be a deal breaker. Dremels and hammers work wonders!!! :naughty: :hehe:
Seriously, the measurements on the main parts should answer the realities of the conversion. Please, if you do decide it's a go, take lots of pics and post the upgrades! If I haven't made it clear, I really dig the mmt! I'd love to see how it goes as a truggy!
Good luck!!!

Hhhhhmmmmm, your right. the chassis on this mammoth st is anodized black aluminum with plastic rails, for some reason I was thinking it was polymer. before I pull out the calipers and start looking at things I think it'll be easier if I Lay My Hands on the parts list for the mammoth st and the mammoth m/t and see how many parts they share in common. If they're the same parts that means the mounting locations will also be spaced the same for said parts.

I was thinking the same thing about the parts lost at first... But then I thought that because the monster is just soooooooo much bigger, even the diff housings would likely be different because of the size of the gearing etc... The length of the arms, shafts... More I thought about it, the less likely I thought it would be that part numbers would be similar... But it's Def easier to check than measuring part to part...

that's kind of what some people would think because xtm calls the mammoth a 1/7 scale and the mammoth st a 1/8 scale rig, so you would think the mammoth monster truck was a little bit bigger. However I have found out otherwise. I laid the truck chassis right on top of the truggy chassis and they're exactly the same length and width and they share the same wheelbase. now the trucks chassis is actually wider but only if the polymer side rails are on it otherwise it's the same width. I've done some initial checking and found out the mammoth mt, mammoth st, xtm xst truggy & the xtm xlb buggy.share the same A-Arms.

doing research on the mammoth monster truck and the mammoth stadium truck can get a little confusing because xtm also called the MMT the Mammoth monster truck and the original mammoth m/t the 24.7 monster truck. because there are three different trucks with really similar names and only slight variations between them search results are a little confusing and tricky to say the least, because you might think you're researching parts for one rig only to find out there for another truck all together. however I have tracked down these pictures of the original Mammoth monster truck with the blue chassis.

xtmmammoth2.jpg
HPIM1300.jpg

Curious to know how things are going with this...???