xtm mammoth st doesn't stay on idle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ama13095

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've been having propblems with my xtm mammoth st and i have taken it to the hobby shop to get it tuned up and after a day or so they called me to pick it up so after i got it i came home witch is about 15 minutes away from the shop tried to start it and it didnt want to start so i thought maybe i flooded it so i took out the glow plug and tiped it upside down and pulled the cord a few times i dried the cylinder head and glow plug and i put it back in i put starter on it pulled the cord and it turned on but after about 3-5 seconds it turned off i repeated the same steps and thought maybe if i gave it a lil more throtle itll stay on and it died once it pressed the gas is their any advice or suggestions...anything will help thanks

First is the engine sealed? Has the engine been broken in? Have you tried resetting the needles back to factory settings and then re-tune? Is the idle gap about 1mm (the thickness of a credit card)?

Give these a try and then let us know what you come up with.

not to sure if the engine is sealed i dont really know what that means. yes it has been broken in when i installed the xtm 457 motor in it. and i tried putting the settings back to factory settings before i took it to the shop but i washttp://www.xenonproject.com/tuning-your-nitro-gas-vehicles-engine-a-10.htmlnt to sure if it did it right so i basically left it from them to do. and i just went out to look at the idle gap and it was atleast at 1mm it looked almost all the way closed I'm not to sure if it can be less than 1mm
note: car was off, remote was off and batteries where out of the stervo do i need to check the idle gap with this stuff on?

thanks i did it to factory settings and now its working but every once in a while when i apply the gas it seems like it doesn't get the signal until like the second or third press while driving do you know what that can be or do you think it might just be tha batteries