XTM cvd pins

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperMaxx97

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i hate these dang things. the xtm cvd's that come with the conversion suck. this is about the 20th pin that i have snapped. so i went and got dynamite cvd's in the front and MIP's in the rear. i still have the xtm cvd's going from the tranny to the front and rear diff tho. those are the problems. everytime i run my truck, i will get about 2 mins into it and then the pin snaps. what do u guys use for the pins? or maybe could i go and get a bigger cb and loosin my slipper up a bit and make it too where it isnt stickin so much power through it and maybe that will help it?

thankz
bryan

Check out ebay, i have seen harden steel center CVD's for the t-maxx. they were $39.99. as far as the pins go, u could try using like MIP pins or somethin or even find a rod that is that thickness and try using that. if u wanna sell those CVD's.... PM me :D

later

I know dynamite makes a center cvd kit for their 21 conversion. I have yet to get anyone to send me the measurements though, so I don't know if they will work with the XTM conversion.

I've been running xtm centers since I got the conversion (about a year). I've lost one pin, set screw came out, and broke two. In a year, that isn't bad!

What engine are you running that's breaking them? I currently have an omega 21 that supposedly has 2.4hp. I know it has more than the OS 21 RG, since I've had a hard time controlling it since I put it in. I haven't had any real cvd problems though. I did stop using xtm for the 4 corners. I changed to rd logics for those.

This is the dynamite part #, you can use it at hobbytown.com. DYN7413

But like I said, I don't know if it will fit or not. If you pony up the $38 to find out, let me know if they work for you.

Last edited:
hey sorry it has been awhile. i am currently running the XTM 24.7 with 26.hp. i went and made another little pin out of a drill bit and snapped it right when i gunned it. i have no idea hwo to make it stay in or stop snappin. i think i am gonna get a bigger cb and loosin my slipper a bit

bryan

Get some UE center bones for the XTM chassis if that is what you are running. I have both (XTM conversion and a Supermaxx) My centers from the XTM kit are the only ones that have lasted from the kit. The XTM CVD's did not last long at all after I put in an Ofna .25. UE's are allot thicker and should hold up to any engine. I have Ti UE centers on my Supermaxx but, still need to get the CVD's. I think you will have to get the drive cups as well to use these??

http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/cgi-bin/store/13515T.html

Last edited:
i was thinkin about getting those.

bryan

I have rd logic all the way around. On my second tank of fuel (pretty much stock 2.5 mil on my maxx, only mods are motor saver and sirio big bore) I had a pin fall right out of my center cvd. Rd Logic wants me to mail it tothe party I bought it from so they can mail it to rd logic. So its been sitting in my tool box for about 1 month. Other than that one prob. The Rd logic ones are great.

~Michael

alright, but i am going to get hte UE all the way around very soon

thankz guys
bryan

Back