XTM 18 Parts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeastTaco

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys I just recently got an rc10gt original with an XTM 18 engine on it, and herd they were good. are they ? I was also wondering if anyone knew where the cheapest place is to get parts for this engine is ?? I need a Header Gasket, a spring for an xtm 18 motor (dont know which), and a fly wheel for it (tell me what size will get me fast). Anything else I should know feel free to tell me :)

//mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=32cb8e5b3b&view=att&th=135d16309000d8ba&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1395294545640423424-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P9VuzZTFkgyytNxjyr4Nybe&sadet=1331441453240&sads=a-qL5tPbkdI6TFrcPzhDpCGBs4g&sadssc=1

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

There is an image :)

The only place I know that sell XTM parts is Hobby People. I saw some .18 parts but not sure if they have everything you are looking for. Type XTM .18 into their search box.

Hey guys I just recently got an rc10gt original with an XTM 18 engine on it, and herd they were good. are they ? I was also wondering if anyone knew where the cheapest place is to get parts for this engine is ?? I need a Header Gasket, a spring for an xtm 18 motor (dont know which), and a fly wheel for it (tell me what size will get me fast). Anything else I should know feel free to tell me :)

RC10's are an excellent type of staduim truck and theres plenty of aftermarket support for them just about anywhere. I will use A Main or Fleebay for most of my parts. As far as your header gasket and spring you should be able to go to your LHS and find something to fit even if its for another mfr. Those 2 parts are pretty basic and should be interchangeable with other models mfr's IMO.

Now the flywheel has nothing to do with speed. I think you might mean the clutchbell. A basic rule of thumb is the more teeth on the clutchbell and the less teeth on the spurgear will get you more "speed" and the opposite way will get you more "power". This only works to a point and there are slight performance gains when playing with your gearing but nothing that is gonna make you go "Holy crap thats fast!!!"

I'm sorry, I'm new to this fourm and dont know how to post pictures. I thought just copy and pasting it there would do it but I guess not

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Sounds good. :D

Back