XL axles on a X4.6, will they fit?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy88

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I currently have a X4.6 2011 model. Have fitted the XL chassis, wheels and shell. Now for the width of a XL can I fit XL axles as believe that they are longer than my stock ones?

Do I need anything else for them? Dogbones or anything?

It would be adviseable to get the XL dogbones. You may also have to change the drive cups on the diffs too. The XL has thicker more heavy duty dogbones.

its not adviseable to do it! you WILL NEED to do it! change the dogbones, and differential outdrive cups to run the XL axles. XL has 11mm axles, dogbones and outdrive cups, whereas the X only has 8mm dogbones,axles and differential outdrive cups

What kinda price we looking at for out drive cups dogbones and axles?

ebay. flux stuff will also work, though they dont use extended axles. it may be cheaper to just buy flux or XL differentials, than just the cups

Will the cups work on my X 4.6 if I just get them/the dogbones and extended axels

If you're purely looking for the wider stance, another option would be to swap in some 1/2" offset wheels, and whammo - you have XL size.

Back